Steps to Transferring
Students who have attempted 12 or more credit hours (excluding remedial or developmental courses) after high school are considered transfer applicants. To begin the transfer application process, please follow these simple steps.
1. Apply Online
2. Submit official transcripts from each college/university attended to the BGSU Office of Admissions. (Transcripts will not be accepted from students.)
3. Submit additional documents as required
- Official high school transcript if you have completed fewer than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours).
- Official General Educational Development (GED) documents if you have earned high school equivalency through the GED testing program and an official high school transcript showing last courses taken.
- Official AP Score Reports if you have earned Advanced Placement (AP) Credit. (Please submit AP Score Reports to the BGSU Office of Registration and Records.)
4. If you are applying to one of the following Colleges or programs, please review additional admission requirements.
Students who intend to pursue a BFA in art must visit the School of Art website for portfolio review information and to schedule a portfolio review.
Entrance into the College of Business Administration (419-372-2747) is selective. Students who have been admitted to the University will be notified in writing of admission status into the College of Business Administration. For more information please call the college office.
Students with previously earned undergraduate baccalaureate degrees who are seeking certification/licensure to teach should contact the College of Education and Human Development (419-372-7372) for information. Students without an undergraduate baccalaureate degree do not need to take any further action.
Students applying to the College of Health and Human Services (419-372-8242) should call for information regarding transfer procedures.
Students who intend to pursue a major in Learning Design and Technology (formerly Advanced Technological Education) or Quality Systems, which require an associate degree in a technical or applied field, must contact the College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering (419-372-7581) before being officially admitted to the major.
United States Citizens
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 15
- Summer terms: May 15
- Fall semester: July 15
- Spring semester: November 1
- Summer terms: April 15
All submitted materials become the property of Bowling Green State University and cannot be returned.
Bowling Green State University subscribes to the Statement of Principles of Good Practice and Statement of Students’ Rights and Responsibilities for members of the National Association for College Admission Counseling.