BGSU is a dynamic, innovative academic environment that challenges you to open yourself to new ideas, learn in an integrated context and continually grow and achieve.
- More than 200 undergraduate majors and programs
- Masters and doctoral level programs
- The Honors College, nationally ranked cooperative education program
- Education Abroad & International Partnerships
Nationally Respected, Personally Invested Faculty
- Nearly 900 full-time faculty committed to teaching and research
- 80 percent of full-time faculty hold the highest degree in their field
Comfortable Class Size
- Large lecture classes also meet for small-group discussions and/or laboratories each week
- U.S.News and World Report and BusinessWeek rankings recognize excellence in many BGSU programs including biology, business, education, English, fine arts, industrial/organizational psychology, physical therapy, psychology, public affairs, rehabilitation counseling, sociology and speech-language pathology. The 2015 edition shows BGSU “made the grade” as a Top 100 public university. The University improved its overall ranking by eight spots from last year and is the highest ranked public institution in northern Ohio.
- BGSU’s first year programs and the online master’s degree in education programs are considered among the best in the country by U.S.News and World Report.
- The University is consistently ranked as being veteran-friendly, including recognition in GI Jobs and a 20th in the nation ranking in the 2013 Best for Vets: Colleges in Military Times EDGE. BGSU was recognized as one of the “Best Colleges for Veteran” by U.S. News and World Report. The schools in this list participate in federal initiatives helping veterans and active service members apply, pay for and complete their degrees. BGSU is the second highest ranked Ohio public university on the list.