Regarding Employee Fee Waivers at the University of Toledo
Memorandum of Understanding
WHEREAS, Appendix VII of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (the “CBA”) between Bowling Green State University (the “University”) and the Bowling Green State University Faculty Association – AAUP (the “Faculty Association”) (collectively, the “Parties”), effective through June 30, 2024, details the educational fee waiver benefits provided to Bargaining unit Faculty Members pursuant to Article 19, Section 7; and
WHEREAS, the CBA refers to a waiver of instructional and general fees at the University of Toledo when certain conditions are met; and
WHEREAS, this Memorandum is necessary to conform the CBA to the revised agreement with the University of Toledo;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Parties agree as follows:
- Effective beginning with the Fall 2021 semester, Section I(F) of Appendix VII of the CBA shall be revised to read as follows:
F. Reciprocity with University of Toledo
- An agreement exists between BGSU and the University of Toledo-Main Campus and Health Sciences Campus, whereby BUFMs may enroll in courses at the University of Toledo and receive a waiver of tuition only (there is no waiver of fees). This arrangement covers BUFMs only and does not include waivers for dependents. The tuition will be waived when the following conditions apply:
- The number of hours covered per semester is limited by the policy for University of Toledo employees.
- The BUFM must be properly admitted as an undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Toledo before registering for courses.
- The fee waiver applies to courses that are eligible for credit hour(s) only.
- The course will not be covered under this benefit if the course is available at BGSU.
- Courses that are not covered at the University of Toledo through the reciprocity agreement are covered under the University of Toledo’s policy. Page 2 of 2
- BUFMs must contact the Office of Human Resources to prepare a fee waiver for courses at the University of Toledo. It is the BUFM’s responsibility to make arrangements for the fee waiver to reach the appropriate office at the University of Toledo.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have caused this Memorandum of Understanding to be made effective this 15th day of September, 2021.
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY
Joe B. Whitehead, Jr.
Provost and Senior Vice President
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY ASSOCIATION- AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY PROFESSORS
David J. Jackson
Updated: 09/21/2021 01:51PM