Minor change to two Faculty 180 deadlines
November 15, 2019
Dear BGSU Faculty Colleagues:
We learned yesterday that an update released by Faculty 180/Interfolio resulted in unforeseen consequences, including that attachments loaded by candidates in the following sections are not showing (although they remain in the system):
- Personal CV
- Academic Unit RPT and Merit Policies
- Teaching/Librarian Effectiveness Narrative and Signature Contributions
- Research Narrative and Signature Contributions
- Service Narrative and Signature Contributions
Faculty 180/Interfolio technical staff are currently working on a patch to correct the issue. However, our “evergreen calendar” of the Faculty Review Schedule includes Nov. 15 as a critical date for:
- Deadline for Department/School Committee to submit EPR recommendations for TTF to Chair/Director
- Deadline for Chair/Director to submit EPR recommendations for QRF in Year 3 to Dean
- Deadline for Chair/Director to submit APR recommendations for QRF in Years 1-2 to Dean
In order to maintain the integrity of this important process, we are extending the deadline dates for the EPR processes/steps from Nov. 15, 2019, to Nov. 22, 2019. These new submittal deadlines would be followed by three business days for the candidate to submit a rebuttal after the Chair/Director submits their recommendation to the Dean. Regarding the APR deadline above, Chairs/Directors have been contacted and have either already submitted the evaluations or have been able to complete them through provision of necessary documents by BGSU staff.
Should Faculty 180/Interfolio be unable to fix the system by Nov. 20, we will reconsider further extensions to “evergreen calendar” deadlines.
Thanks for your understanding.
Vice President, Faculty Affairs and Strategic Initiatives
David J. Jackson
President, BGSU Faculty Association (AAUP)