Embracing Global Engagement Conference
Hear from undergraduate and graduate BGSU students about their global, international and cultural experiences!
BGSU undergraduate and graduate students will share their experiences from internships, service and experiential learning in BGSU Education Abroad, international and cultural-immersion programs.
2021 Guest Keynote Speaker - Dr. Kristie Foell
Lessons Learned from 50 Years of Study Abroad
Bowling Green State University
Assoc. Prof. of German
Undergraduate Advisor in German
Foell is an associate professor of German at BGSU, where she has served as Director of International Studies, founding director of the Global Village residential program, and on-site director of the Academic Year in Salzburg four times. Her recent teaching and scholarship have focused on the encounter between Islam and the West, including Turkish-German cinema. She has received two Fulbright fellowships (Vienna and Berlin) and holds degrees from UC Berkeley (PhD) and Yale (BA). Her most recent Austrian tour was in 2017-18, when she was privileged to organize the 50th anniversary celebrations for the program.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURS) invites presentation proposals from undergraduate and graduate students of all disciplines, who have participated in 2019-2021 in:
- Internships or research/scholarly/creative activities while studying abroad
- International public policy or service-learning projects
- Research, scholarly or creative projects as international students at BGSU
- Cultural experiences (e.g., Navajo reservation trip)
- Research/scholarly/creative projects with global/international perspectives
Everyone is welcome to attend, and we particularly recommend this event to undergraduate and graduate students contemplating to go abroad as part of a BGSU program!
Registration of presentation proposals will begin on Sept. 27, 2021.
Proposal submission deadline by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, 2021.
Make sure to complete the following steps:
1. Register your presentation for the conference by clicking the submission button below.
You will need to provide information about yourself, the faculty mentor associated with your project, your presentation title and a brief abstract for your presentation.
Presentation Proposal Submission
After finishing the registration form, make sure to save the link provided. You'll need it to finish step three.
2. Create your presentation!
The presentation types for this conference will be as follows:
- Poster Presentations: Standard poster size (4' wide by 3' tall) or smaller.
- Oral Presentations: 12-minute PowerPoint presentation with three minutes for questions.
- Video Presentation: 5- to 10-minute video consisting of still pictures and/or video materials.
3. Presentation Submission
Submit your materials using the link provided at the end of the registration form.
Make sure to see these helpful tips on how to prepare presentations.
Explore past Global Experience events or find inspiration for your own presentation.
Updated: 12/14/2022 01:35PM