Communities Transition Strategy
With the transition to Canvas from Blackboard, the communities housed in Blackboard will also need to transition.
Blackboard community owners are asked to transition their materials prior to April 30, 2014. Access to Blackboard communities will be removed on April 30.
Access to the previous version of the MyBGSU Portal will be removed as of May 12, 2014. The link to the "Old MyBGSU" that is at the bottom of the MyBGSU login page will no longer be available as of this date. This access will also conclude the ability to use Blackboard communities.
Blackboard communities utilizing the auto-enrollment process for populating the community were transferred to listservs with auto-enrollment following the expiration of Blackboard communities on April 30, 2014. Owners of these lists should be aware of the following:
- the enrollees of the list are generated from the same query that was used to populate the old Blackboard community.
- the auto-enroll process to populate each list will run each day at 1:30 a.m.
- list owners will now use listserv to send email messages to their enrollees. Information on how to use listserv is available here.
- listservs using auto-enroll are only updated via the auto-enrollment process. List owners should not manually enroll or remove users via the listserv. Any modifications to the list will need to be modified by changing the data in PeopleSoft and then using the auto-enroll process to populate the changes to the listserv. To request a modification, please contact the Technology Support Center (TSC).
- requests for additional individuals to be added as list owners need to be processed through the Technology Support Center (TSC).