Mayeux Award for Outstanding Honors Project
Patricia Gangwer Mayeux, a long-time employee at the University, has created an endowment, the income from which is used to fund prizes to be given annually to that year's best Honors Projects. Prize(s) will be awarded at the Senior Reception on May 5, 2017. Download the application here. After it is completed, it has to be turned into the Honors College Office - 024 Founders Hall.
To be eligible for a prize an Honors student must:
- Present their project at the Undergraduate Research Symposium or National/State Research Conference
- Have submitted an Honors Project to the Honors office.
- Have earned an “A” on their project
Congratulations to our 2016 recipients:
- Drew Ashby-King — #BG4Unity: Testing the effectiveness of a social media activism workshop
- Alisha Sanders - Roman Archaism in Depictions of Apollo in the Augustan Period
2015's recipients were:
- Angela Barbour — Luck of the Draw
- Benjamin Dobler — Explaining Consciousness
- Stephanie Padula — Characterization of a Novel Clade of Transporters in Phytophthora
- Morgan Tucker — Enlightenment in Education: Buddhist Influences of Kindness in Thai Education
2014's recipients (pictured below with Dean Simon Morgan-Russell) were:
- Merissa Acerbi — The Effect of Visual Wulst Lesions and Trigeminal Nerve Sectioning on the Discrimination of Magnetic Inclination in the Homing Pigeon (Columba livia)
- Ashley Chapman — Warning! You Are About to Enter "The Friend Zone"
- Hannah Duffy — Determining a Developmental Window for the Effect of Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) on Ultrasonic Vocalizations (USVs) in Sprague-Dawley Rat Pups
- Katie O'Leary — Brighter Connections Theatre: A Study of the Behavioral and Social Effects on Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Through the Use of Drama Therapy
2013's recipients were:
- China Billotte — Career Services Usage: An Analysis of Efficacy and Contextual Barriers'
- Aaron Crouse — Factors Affecting Student Decisions to Attend Selected BGSU Athletic Events
- Katrin McBroom — Confident Girls Pack a Punch!
- Elizabeth Truman — Fairmount, Indiana: The Hometown of James Dean