- BBachelors Available
- OOffered Online
- FAvailable at Firelands Campus
- Bachelor'sBachelors Available
- OnlineOffered Online
- FirelandsAvailable at Firelands Campus
Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies in
Information Technology Support
The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies (BTAS) at BGSU Firelands is a versatile degree designed to meet a growing job market. Students strengthen communication, critical thinking and professional skills while also increasing career-specific skills in Information Technology Support or Small Business Enterprise.
Entrance into this blended degree program will require an associate degree, or students will be advised through an associate degree completion program before transitioning into the BTAS area of study.
- Setting: Full-time, part-time, in-person, online
- Prerequisite: associate degree
- Adjectives for a successful student: detail-oriented, diligent, curious
The Information Technology Support concentration provides the flexibility to prepare students for positions that require a broad range of technical duties. In most organizations, it is common for an employee to support both the users of the technology and the technology itself. The ITS concentration courses gives students a wide range of skills in programming, operating systems, virtual machines, databases, networking, security, project management, and forensics. The concentration is offered 100% online. However, some BTAS degree professional courses must be taken in person.
- Analyze user requirements and design Information Technology-based solutions.
- Evaluate current technologies and their applicability to address user and organization needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in project teams to develop and/or implement Information Technology-based solutions.
- Develop and communicate Information Technology implementation plans for management review and approval.
Take courses like these and more:
- Network Security Principles
- Advanced Command-Line Utilities
- Introduction to Computer Forensics
- Scripting for Network Administration
- Cloud Technologies
Pursue a career:
- IT Manager
- Computer Systems Manager
- IT Coordinator
- Network Administrator
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- IT Director
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Operations Officer
- Senior IT Consultant
- Technical Lead
For additional information
Updated: 02/15/2023 03:15PM