- BBachelors Available
- FAvailable at Firelands Campus
- Bachelor'sBachelors Available
- FirelandsAvailable at Firelands Campus
Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies in
Small Business Enterprise
The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies (BTAS) at BGSU Firelands is a versatile degree designed to meet a growing job market. Students strengthen communication, critical thinking and professional skills while also increasing career-specific skills in Small Business Enterprise or Information Technology Support.
Entrance into this blended degree program will require an associate degree, or students will be advised through an associate degree completion program before transitioning into the BTAS area of study.
The Associate of Applied Business (AAB) will work seamlessly into the Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies. Additionally, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts, or Associate of Technical Study degree holders are prepared for the BTAS in Small Business Enterprise (SBE).
Students spend a semester working on an applied business project. The degree is available entirely and exclusively at BGSU Firelands.
- Setting: Full-time, part-time, online
- Prerequisite required: associate degree
- Adjectives for a successful student: curious, motivated, bright, problem solver
Graduates can expect to:
- Demonstrate ability to manage cash flow, labor, operations, and promotion.
- Recognize elements of decision-making as related to cash flow, labor, operations, and promotion.
- Show an understanding of lean principles to innovate by using qualitative and quantitative methods to support conclusions.
- Understand and respond to new trends.
Internships & Careers
Graduates often work in a small business (typically 50 employees or fewer) environment in a variety of positions with duties ranging from leadership to human resources to project management to event planning to marketing to finance among other responsibilities or go on to start their own business.
Pursue a career
- Small Business Owner
- Local and Regional Government
- Advanced Manufacturing Supervisor
- Quality Control
- Human Resources
- Project Managers
- Event Planners
Message from the director: The BTAS Small Business online degree provides the breadth of skills needed to run a small business or work within a mid- to large-sized organization. We provide accounting, marketing, people management, process management and project management skills that enable success. Most (98%) of privately held businesses are considered small businesses by the Small Business Administration. For a great return on investment and a quick start into the world of business, the BTAS provides a flexible, cost effective, application-focused bachelor's degree.
Updated: 03/15/2023 04:44PM