BGSU Firelands Scholarships
There are many scholarships available just for BGSU Firelands students. Scholarship awards are based on a variety of criteria, including merit, demonstrated financial need, field of study, participation in a specific program, organization or activities, or any combination of these items. Awards generally range from $500 to full fees and do not have to be repaid.
BGSU Firelands Scholarships require a student to be pursuing a program at the BGSU Firelands campus. Students are not eligible for BGSU Firelands scholarships while pursuing BGSU’s Distance Learning Program. Information about which scholarship programs are restricted to Main or Firelands campus is included in the scholarship award offer letter sent to University scholarship recipients, and online through the Searchable Scholarship Guide.
To fill out a BGSU Firelands Scholarships application:
- Sign in on the BGSU Searchable Scholarship Guide.
- Complete the General Application.
- After completing the general application, you will be prompted to complete a Firelands College conditional application.
Scholarships External to BGSU
Scholarships external to BGSU are scholarships that are NOT offered by BGSU.
Many external websites offer free scholarship search services that can aid you in locating scholarships opportunities. We recommend that you utilize services like these to aid in your search. Please remember that you should never have to pay a fee for such services. Utilize your judgement when reviewing these options. You should also check with employers, civic organizations. For those still in high school, check with your guidance counselor. You can even check out your local library.
If you receive a scholarship external to BGSU, please provide a copy of the award letter online at the BGSU Student Financial Aid Document Submission webpage.
Important points to remember when considering scholarships:
- Don’t apply to scholarships that charge a fee to apply.
- Learn to recognize scams. If you are unsure if a scholarship is legitimate, check with your high school guidance counselor or the financial aid office.
- You don’t have to pay money to win a scholarship. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is!
Updated: 01/23/2023 10:11AM