BGSU Firelands provides the gateway into careers in nursing through partnerships with Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing and BGSU Online. Earn your associate degree and your bachelor of science in nursing conveniently, affordably and close to home.
Earning your associate degree
Students interested in a career in nursing can utilize an affiliate partnership to earn a diploma in nursing from Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing and a non-nursing associate degree from BGSU Firelands.
- Coursework is completed at BGSU Firelands in Huron and FRMCSN in Sandusky, Ohio.
- Students complete support courses through BGSU Firelands, before or after admission to FRMCSN’s nursing diploma program.
- Students admitted to FRMCSN’s nursing diploma program enroll in FRMCSN courses taught by FRMCSN faculty in Sandusky.
- Students who complete the nursing diploma program from FRMCSN are eligible to sit for RN licensure and transfer articulated FRMC coursework toward a non-nursing associate degree from BGSU Firelands.
- FRMCSN additionally offers an LPN to RN pathway in collaboration with BGSU Firelands.
Completing your study with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Students completing the associate degree are eligible to enroll in BGSU’s RN to BSN program, an entirely online degree completion program offered via BGSU Online. Students transitioning from the associate degree pathway are provided credit towards the BGSU bachelor of science in nursing degree.
Updated: 11/17/2023 08:46AM