Congratulations on your acceptance to Bowling Green State University! Welcome to the Falcon family where you will be part of an exceptional group of students. We have included information to help you get started at BGSU and registered for classes.
Your next step is to activate your BGSU email and MyBGSU web portal account. Please follow the instructions below to activate your account at your earliest convenience.
Your BGSU email will now become your primary email on file with the University. We will be sending important announcements to your BGSU email; therefore, it is important to activate your account as soon as possible and begin checking it daily.
Note: If you are already a member of the BGSU community and have an active BGSU email account, you do not need to complete the account activation process. Please disregard these instructions.
Go to www.bgsu.edu/newaccount
Enter your BGSU ID
Enter your last name
Enter your date of birth
Your email account will be ready to use approximately one hour after you complete the activation process.
Your access to the MyBGSU Web Portal will be enabled as soon as your email account is created.
Write down your username and password. Keep this information in a safe place until you have it memorized. You will need this information to access your email and web portal account to conduct University business.
If you have any questions or difficulty, please contact our Technology Support Center for assistance at 419-372-0999 or email email@example.com.
Access your BGSU email and web portal at www.bgsu.edu.
REGISTERING FOR CLASSES
You will register for most of your courses using MyBGSU’s Add/Drop feature. To register, please refer to the following steps:
- Login to MyBGSU
- Click on Student Center
- Click on Classes & Registration
- Click Add Classes
- Select the appropriate semester by clicking the ‘Term’ drop-down menu and selecting the correct semester
- Search the class for which you want to register by entering the course subject prefix such as MBA and the course number
- Select ‘eCampus’ in the ‘Campus’ drop-down menu
- Press Enter on the keyboard or click ‘Search’ at the bottom of the screen
- Find your preferred section and select it by clicking on the section number
- Click ‘Add to Shopping Cart’ to add it to your saved courses
- Repeat these steps for all courses for which you want to register
- When all courses have been saved to your Shopping Cart, check the boxes next to each course by clicking ‘Select All'
- Enroll in the courses by clicking ‘Enroll’
If you have not done so already, complete the Financial Responsibility Agreement, which can be found by logging into your MyBGSU Portal and clicking on the Student Center icon. The form will be located within your "To Do List." You cannot register for classes until this is complete.
Begin checking your BGSU email daily. You can access your email at the top of any bgsu.edu webpage or through your MyBGSU Portal. This is now your primary address on file with the University, and we would hate to see you miss important announcements!
Log into your MyBGSU Portal and explore the available features. You can access the Portal by going to my.bgsu.edu and signing in with your username and password. If you have any issues accessing MyBGSU, please contact BGSU's ITS Department at 419-372-0999.
If you have any problems or questions, contact Connie Disbro, Coordinator for the online and full-time MBA programs at 419-372-6874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.