Want to be a Tutor?
We are always looking for terrific tutors in all subjects. If you earned a "B" or better in any class and receive a recommendation from that instructor to tutor, we need you. You can come into the Teaching & Learning Center, and request an application.
Tutors shall . . .
- Have respect for and interest in diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Recognize individual learning styles.
- Believe in the abilities and potentials of all students.
- View learning as an active process.
- Stress the development of study strategies.
- Ask appropriate questions.
- Provide corrective feedback.
- Establish rapport that supports learning.
- Research sources of information.
- Recognize feelings.
- Adapt methods to individual learning styles.
- Be aware of professional services available to students.
- Keep records of appointments.
- Uphold policies of confidentiality and academic honesty.
(note: this list is not all encompassing of the tutoring role)
Contact the TLC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 12/05/2022 05:02PM