Education Abroad opportunities are expanding*! A virtual education abroad experience allows students to gain a global perspective without the need of a passport. Although a virtual experience cannot replace an on-the-ground experience, it provides greater accessibility, is affordable, and capitalizes on available technology to make this unique experience possible.
For a list of all available virtual programs provided by our well-established education abroad partners please visit the online directory. From the Education Abroad home page, click on the Search Program tab.
*Please note that our partners are continuing to add new programming. Check back often, and consult with our office today to learn more!
Education Abroad Virtual Internships
Gain telecommute experience and develop 21st century skills. Through professional project-based learning, students learn digital literacy and intercultural communication skills. Opportunities are available for all majors during the semester or summer. Earn credit, in addition to your on-campus enrollment. For example, a student could register for 12 credit hours and add on an additional 3 credit hour virtual internship. Utilize financial aid and apply for study abroad scholarships. Students will apply through the Education Abroad Office and directly with the education abroad provider.
Education Abroad Virtual Curricular Opportunities through Affiliate Partner
BGSU is partnered with many approved affiliate education abroad organizations, who now offer a variety of virtual academic programs. Students can consider credit by enrolling in a full online program or a hybrid model, combining BGSU courses with approved courses from a host institution abroad. Utilize financial aid and apply for study abroad scholarships. Students will apply through the Education Abroad Office and directly with the education abroad provider.
Virtual Affiliate Partners (Internship and Curricular Options)
- Select semester online courses from global university partners over 8 countries
- Enroll in global online courses and add a virtual internship or Innovation Lab experience
- Register in a virtual full-time or part-time internship program
- Select semester or summer online courses from global universities partners in over 15 countries
- Enroll in global online courses and add a virtual internship experience
- Register in a full-time or part-time virtual internship program
- Select summer online courses from IES Center abroad
- Select from 4 internship options: 8-week individual placement, 16-week part-time individual placement, 4-week team-based placement, and 8 week team-based placement in Europe, Asia, and Australia
- ISA offers virtual language and culture courses in a variety of locations
- Select semester online language courses from global universities partners in 12 countries
- Enroll in a virtual internship experience in 15 countries
- Placements in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, and Japan
- Opportunities in over 25 career fields
- Opportunities available worldwide in all career fields
- Flexible opportunities include selecting the number of hours to work per week, the duration, at a time most suitable for you. Internships begin every month, all-year round
- Select a semester virtual internship at locations worldwide
- Earn credits towards your degree
- Apply classroom learning to a workplace setting
- Gain real-world work experience while staying on track for graduation
- Participate in an internship without having to travel
- Part-time options allow for you to take additional classes or work
- Avoid expenses such as airfare and commute costs
Remote work experience (Internship Option)
- Learn key skills for effective remote work
- Prove to future employers that you can work remotely successfully
- Determine if remote work is right for you
Experience in your career field (Internship Option)
- Get experience in the tasks, projects, and skills necessary for a career in your field
- Work with professionals in your field
- Build your resume with industry-specific and soft skills