Department of Higher Education & Student Affairs
Now hiring an Associate Professor
Higher Education and Student Affairs: Associate Professor, Bowling Green State University. Tenured faculty position available August, 2021. For details including responsibilities, minimum qualifications, and information on how to apply, please visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU. Application deadline is May 07, 2021. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans.
The Department of Higher Education and Student Affairs at BGSU is home to two graduate programs: the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Higher Education Administration and the Master of Arts (M.A.) in College Student Personnel.
Information about these programs, as well as our faculty, students, and alumni, can be found using the links to your left.
For more than 40 years, our department has worked to create and affirm a culture that encourages personal development, academic and professional integrity, and social action.
If you have questions about our programs, please contact our office. Thank you for your interest in HESA, we look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in joining HESA for our Study Tour? Contact us for more information!
Where in the U.S./World are HESA Graduates...
To find out more, check out our Alumni Information page.
HESA's Partnership with the Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows Program
The partnership between BGSU and the Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program includes both the CSP and HIED degrees. This is a great mutual partnership. For more information, visit the Peace Corps HESA page.
Quick HESA Facts
- Three full-time faculty members
- Approximently 60 full-time master's students
- Approximently 35 total doctoral students; some of who are full-time or part-time
- Alumni all over the U.S. and working internationally
- All CSP students have a required two-year internship in student or academic affairs
- Approximately 200 students have traveled/studied abroad and 20 have completed internships abroad
- HIED placement: Nearly all found employment prior to or in the months following graduation
- Home to the National Student Affairs Archives
- Program alumni have gone on to become college presidents, vice presidents, department directors, faculty, and business owners