Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship
Inspired by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Burch Fellows Program, the Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship was initiated by friends of Dr. Givens to honor his passion for student learning. The Fellowship recognizes resourcefulness, imagination, and significant ability among Bowling Green State University undergraduate students by supporting self-designed off-campus experiences that will enable them to pursue a passionate interest in a manner not otherwise possible through an academic program, regular summer job, enrichment program, or organized study abroad program.
To remain true to the spirit of the Givens Fellowship, students will be encouraged to think broadly in shaping their projects; that is, to look beyond activities that relate to their field of academic study. It is expected that the experience will make a demonstrable difference in their lives and help them grow both personally and intellectually. Up to two Givens Fellows will be chosen annually. Each will receive a cash grant of up to $6,000 to support the projects they have developed.
Application, Eligibility, and Workshop
Timeline for 2016 Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship Application
- Online Application goes live early January 2016
- Workshops for Students – the week of February 8, 2016. Please contact Chris Bloomfield via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested in participating in the workshops.
- Application Deadline – February 22, 2016
- Interviews – late February to early March
- Announcement of 2016 Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship recipient(s) – mid-March.
- Dinner honoring 2015 recipients and recognizing the 2016 recipient(s) – late March to early April.