Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship
Inspired by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Burch Fellows Program, the Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship was initiated by friends of Dr. Givens to honor his passion for student learning. The Fellowship recognizes resourcefulness, imagination, and significant ability among Bowling Green State University undergraduate students by supporting self-designed off-campus experiences that will enable them to pursue a passionate interest in a manner not otherwise possible through an academic program, regular summer job, enrichment program, or organized study abroad program.
To remain true to the spirit of the Givens Fellowship, students will be encouraged to think broadly in shaping their projects; that is, to look beyond activities that relate to their field of academic study. It is expected that the experience will make a demonstrable difference in their lives and help them grow both personally and intellectually. Up to two Givens Fellows will be chosen annually. Each will receive a cash grant of up to $6,000 to support the projects they have developed.
Application, Eligibility, and Workshop
Timeline for 2017 Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship Application
- Online Application goes live on March 20, 2017.
- Workshops for Students:
- 10am to 11:30am Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- 3pm to 4:30pm Thursday, March 23, 2017
- 9am to 10:30am Friday March 24, 2017
- Please contact Chris Bloomfield via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with your choice of day and time you wish to attend. Please make
sure you bring a hardcopy of your proposal.
Application Deadline – Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Interviews – early April
- Announcement of 2017 Stuart R. Givens Memorial Fellowship recipient(s) – mid to late April.
- Dinner honoring 2017 recipients and recognizing the 2017 recipient(s) – Fall 2017.