Memorandum of understanding regarding changes in the calendar for the 2020-2021 academic year
WHEREAS, the Collective Bargaining Agreement (the “CBA”) between Bowling Green State University (the “University”) and the Bowling Green State University Faculty Association – AAUP (the “Faculty Association”) (collectively, the “Parties”), effective through June 30, 2022, requires certain advance notice of the academic calendar (Article 34);
WHEREAS, the University seeks to adjust the previously announced 2020-2021 Academic Calendar to address health and safety concerns due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic while meeting minimum contact hours as required by our HLC accrediting body;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Parties agree as follows:
- Fall 2020 semester classes will begin on Wednesday August 26, 2020.
- Face-to-face classes will end Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
- The last week of classes will be November 30, 2020 – December 4, 2020 and conducted
- Final Exam week will be December 7, 2020 – December 11, 2020 and conducted remotely.
- Bargaining Unit Faculty Members will be available the week of December 14, 2020 –
December 18, 2020 for university, college, and/or academic unit meetings. These meetings may
or may not be called. If meetings are called, attendance is considered a scheduled obligation.
- The Winter session of the 2021 Spring semester will be canceled.
- The Spring session of the 2021 Spring Semester will begin on January 11, 2021 and end on
April 30, 2021.
- Holidays will continue to be observed as set forth in Article 34.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have caused this Memorandum of Understanding to be made
effective this 16 day of June, 2020.
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY
Joe B. Whitehead
Provost and Senior Vice President
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY ASSOCIATION-AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY PROFESSORS
David J. Jackson