It is ultimately your responsibility to have all requirements completed and meet all the deadlines for graduation. Please make sure you know the deadlines for the Graduate College as well as for the College of Musical Arts. Graduate College deadlines can be found here.
The following are deadlines for submitting the final copy of a composition, thesis or dissertation and completing a comprehensive exam. Please do not request extensions of these dates. They should be considered “non-negotiable.” The purpose of maintaining these deadlines is to guarantee that final projects of the highest possible quality are achieved.
The topic approval form (thesis), ETD approval/submission form (thesis), and dual master’s ETD approval form can be downloaded through the Graduate College documents Web page. The music education master's plan II report form (mued comps) and the musp/muct master's recital and portfolio report form (plan II performance and theory) can be downloaded through the College of Musical Arts web page. All information on these forms MUST be typed including the faculty names under the signature lines. If the information is not typed it will not be accepted.
last day for submission for fall 2016 semester (December graduation)
- Dissertation Topic Approval to Grad Coordinator May 16, 2016
- Thesis Topic Approval to Grad Coordinator July 1, 2016
- Portfolio turned in to the Grad Secretary November 4, 2016
- Thesis/Dissertation to Grad Coordinator November 4, 2016
- Graduate Recital (portfolio) November 23, 2016
- Comprehensive Exam December 2, 2016
- Exam results and summary December 9, 2016
- Commencement December 16, 2016
last day for submission for spring 2017 semester (May graduation)
- Dissertation Topic Approval to Grad Coordinator October 3, 2016
- Thesis Topic Approval to Grad Coordinator November 28, 2016
- Portfolio turned in to the Grad Secretary March 13, 2017
- Thesis/Dissertation to Grad Coordinator March 24, 2017
- Graduate Recital (portfolio) April 7, 2017
- Comprehensive Exam April 14, 2017
- Exam results and summary April 21, 2017
May 5, 2017
9-8-16 Dates are subject to change.