The College of Musical Arts is proud to provide scholarship support
for students. These scholarships are provided through the generosity
of alumni and friends of BGSU. Awarding of the scholarships is based
on a competitive process. The amount awarded reflects the wishes of
the donor(s) and is dependent upon current and projected market
conditions. Please email questions or concerns to CMAScholar@bgsu.edu.
- This form must be completed electronically and submitted via email. Printed copies will not be accepted.
- Please review the scholarship list carefully. There is one application for all scholarships.
- If you are required to submit a paper, make sure that you attach it to the email submission with your application. Printed copies will not be accepted. Your paper must be sent electronically along with your completed scholarship application.
- If you are required to submit a CD or video recording, please label it with your name and the name of the scholarship that the CD or video is for.
- If financial aid is a requirement you must complete a FAFSA application to be considered for the scholarship.
- You must be enrolled for the applicable academic year to be eligible for these awards.
Applications for the 2016-2017 AY are now closed.
Click any area to go to a page listing detailed information on that area’s scholarships. Please review the detailed information carefully and make sure you meet all the criteria before applying for any scholarships. Remember: You must be enrolled for both fall and spring in the next academic year to be eligible for any scholarship.
After clicking the above link, click the "Sign In" button and log in using your BGSU username and password.
Scholarships not included in the Search and Application Process link above
C. Elizabeth Cobb Memorial Scholarship
This award was established for rising sophomore, junior and senior students in the College of Musical Arts who are piano majors in music education or piano performance degree programs.
David "Dak" Melle Jazz Fund
Demonstrate performance ability of the highest quality in jazz and future promise in jazz; Participate in the jazz lab band and make a commitment to continue to participate; Be a rising senior in good academic standing who need NOT be a music major; Preference will given to students participating in multiple jazz ensembles who demonstrate aptitude in performance, composition and arranging in the jazz genre. Financial need should only be considered in the event of a tie.
Dr. Richard and Annette S. Ecker Award in Instrumental Music
A full-time undergraduate student. This is a book scholarship. Preference will be given to students who are majoring in music education and/or who have been inducted in Kappa Kappa Psi or Tau Beta Sigma
Herb Spencer Horn Students Fund
Full-time undergraduate and/or graduate students studying applied horn in the College of Musical Arts who have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5. Preference will be given to a student who demonstrates financial need.
Presser Scholarship (one award)
Must be an outstanding full-time undergraduate student, music major who has completed his/her junior year with a minimum 3.5 GPA. At least one third of the recipient’s subjects must be academic subjects
Pro Musica Graduate and Undergraduate Music Scholarships
Must be a continuing full-time resident student with a minimum GPA of 3.75 for undergraduates and a 3.8 for graduates. Show service or leadership to the College of Musical Arts community or community at large as described in an essay of no more than 600 words
Robert and Leona Fellers Scholarship
Full-time rising sophomore, junior or senior in the College of Musical Arts at BGSU with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Must be involved in extracurricular or community organizations in either Muskingum County or while a student at BGSU. Preference should be given to a student maintaining residence in Muskingham County