- Photo I.D. - some of our collections require a photo I.D. in order to view materials
- Money to purchase a BG1 card if you want to make photocopies
- Pencil and notepad or electronic device for note taking
- Flash drive (or some kind of external storage device) on which to put scans or full-text of materials if you do not wish to email
- Camera to take photos of documents or objects
If you need a safe place to stash your stuff for the day, you can borrow a lock from the Circulation Desk and help yourself to one of the first floor lockers. Just make sure you retrieve your belongings and return the lock before the library closes! The CAC also provides space for your belongings.
To make copies, you'll need to purchase a BG1 card. You can purchase one for $1.00 from the machine across from the circulation desk on the first floor. Using the same machine, add enough cash to the card to cover the copying you want to do. Prices for copying in color and black-and-white are posted near the copy machines. You can also see a full list of printing and copying fees here.
Save your BG1 card! You can add money to it and reuse it as much as you like. Unfortunately, none of our copy machines accept coins or other forms of payment, so it's the only way to make copies.
Scanning is free! There are scanner/photocopiers on every floor that scan to your email or a flash drive. Some floors have additional scanners for use. You are also free to bring your own scanner. Be aware, however, that there are some materials that cannot be scanned because of their fragile nature. Personnel on each floor will let you know if you've requested to use these kinds of materials.