Requesting OhioLINK and SearchOhio Materials
OhioLINK and SearchOhio are statewide Ohio consortia with more than 86 universities, colleges, and two-year institutions, 16 public libraries, and the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) sharing their resources.
For more information about the CRL, visit http://www.crl.edu/
- If the item is in "available" status in the OhioLINK or SearchOhio catalog.
- If the item you want is not "available" in the BGSU catalog (e.g. is on hold, on search, library use only, or checked out.) or is not owned by BGSU.
- is similar to searching in the University Libraries catalog - once you have found what you want click on "request this item" and follow the directions on the screen.
- If the system refuses your request and you get a
message about your patron record, send an email to email@example.com
using your BGSU email account, or ask at any of the circulation
- Items usually take 3-4 business days
- Check the status of your request by
clicking on My
Library in the University
Libraries catalog. After logging in, click the
"Requests" button to see the items requested.
- In the Status field:
- Requested means the request has been sent to the lending library.
- In transit means the item has been shipped.
- OhioLINK Rec'd or Ready means the item is ready for pickup at the location you specified.
- If the request disappears from your record,
it has been cancelled by the lending library. Try
requesting another copy.
- We will send an email notice with the reason for cancellation.
- In the Status field:
- Check the status of your request by clicking on My Library in the University Libraries catalog. After logging in, click the "Requests" button to see the items requested.
After the item arrives at BGSU:
- OhioLINK and SearchOhio books and SearchOhio media (except DVDs) are held for 10 days after arrival.
- OhioLINK media and SearchOhio DVDs are held for only 5 days after arrival.
- We send an email notice when your books arrive; however, be sure to check your library account at My Library frequently to double-check.
- Loan times and renewals are determined by the type of material. Click to see specific information on times, renewals, lmits and fines.
Returning OhioLINK and SearchOhio material:
- You can return OhioLINK and SearchOhio items at Jerome or Firelands libraries.
- Make sure the band or sticker that identifies the item as an OhioLINK or SearchOhio item is still on the item -- if not, hand it to the staff at the desk and inform them the book is an OhioLINK or SearchOhio item.
- If you need to use the title longer, please request another copy.
Have a Question? Contact the Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.