Junior Audition Day
To protect against the spread of Coronavirus, this on-campus event has been cancelled. We still want to interact with you! Details on our virtual webinar information session will be available soon.
In addition, juniors are invited submit a recording of 1 piece to MusicAdmissions@bgsu.edu. We will have faculty review it and give you feedback. Please submit your recordings by April 11, 2020.
Have questions? Please email MusicAdmissions@bgsu.edu.
The music faculty at Bowling Green State University invite high school juniors to present a “trial” audition at the College of Musical Arts. Now including Musical Theatre!
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Perform a sample audition and receive valuable comments from faculty members
- Learn how to prepare for a college career in music from music majors in the College of Musical Arts
- Attend a music theory workshop
- Learn about the BGSU admissions process
- Learn about music scholarships and financial aid
- Learn about Summer Music Camps
What to Prepare
- Please prepare two contrasting solo selections.
- The faculty may choose to hear all or part of your prepared selections depending on the length of each.
You do not need to bring an extra copy of your music for the faculty.
For complete details contact:
Coordinator of Music Admissions
College of Musical Arts
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0290
(419) 372-8577 or (800) 3GO-BGSU
Bowling Green is an equal opportunity educator.
“Get to know the professors you could be spending your next four or five years with! Around my junior year of high school, I attended a camp offered here at the College of Musical Arts. During my week, I was given opportunities to work and perform with several members of the faculty, staff and already existing students. It was this experience that was my deciding factor in choosing a college. The faculty was amazing and the whole atmosphere was welcoming. The Junior Audition Day in which I also participated only confirmed things more for me.”
—Elise Stevens, music education
SMI features 9 different week long intensive camp sessions designed to improve your playing, learn new skills and meet new friends – all on a college campus. Students will work with BGSU Music Faculty and Guest Artists who will challenge and inspire! More Information