Department of Public & Allied Health
The Department of Public and Allied Health has a number of major programs, including Applied Health Science, Dietetics, Medical Laboratory Science and Public Health. In addition, the Applied Health Science program also offers specializations in Health Science, Health Care Administration, and Respiratory Care. There is also a Public Health Minor.
- Allied Health: This online degree is designed for students who already hold an Associate’s Degree in an Allied Health field.
- Applied Health Science/Health Care Administration Specialization: For students interested in a career in administration
- Applied Health Science/Health Sciences Specialization: This specialization is a pre-professional degree for students who plan to continue on to an advanced professional health-related program (e.g. physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, medical school, etc.)
- Public Health Degree: For students interested in wellness promotion and disease prevention
- Applied Health Science/Respiratory Care Specialization: This specialization is offered on the Firelands campus and is designed to prepare students with an Associate’s Degree in respiratory care for advanced practice in the field
Food & Nutrition Programs
- Dietetics: an interdisciplinary science that studies the application of the principles of human nutrition and foods.
- Dietetic Internship Program: provides a pathway that allows students to become a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Master of Food and Nutrition: for students who have a baccalaureate degree in a food, nutrition, or a related field and have an interest in the advanced study of food and nutrition.
- Nutrition Sciences: research-oriented degree and provides excellent preparation for admission to professional schools, such as medicine or dentistry.
This graduate program in public health is part of a consortium with the University of Toledo.
This profession is devoted to the diagnosis and management of illness by analysis of blood, body fluids, and tissues within a laboratory setting.