- Photo I.D. - many areas require a photo I.D. in order to view materials
- Money to purchase a BG1 card if you want to make photocopies
- Pencil and notepad or electronic device for note taking
- Flash drive (or some kind of external storage device) on which to put scans or full-text of materials if you do not wish to email
- Camera to take photos of documents or objects
To make copies, you'll need to purchase a BG1 card. You can purchase one for $1.00 from the machine across from the circulation desk on the first floor. Using the same machine, add enough cash to the card to cover the copying you want to do. Prices for copying in color and black-and-white are posted near the copy machines.
Save your BG1 card! You can add money to it and reuse it as much as you like. Unfortunately, none of our copy machines accept coins or other forms of payment, so it's the only way to make copies.
Scanning is free! There are scanner/photocopiers on every floor that scan to your email or a flash drive. Some floors have additional scanners for use. You are also free to bring your own scanner. Be aware, however, that there are some materials that cannot be scanned because of their fragile nature. Personnel on each floor will let you know if you've requested to use these kinds of materials.