Women of Distinction Awards
Join us for the 8th Annual Women of Distinction Awards on March 16th from 3:30-5:00 in the BTSU Multipurpose Room!
The Women of Distinction award honors outstanding leaders in the BGSU community who serve as a role models and/or mentors to individuals who have faced discrimination based on sex and/or gender and exhibit dedication to empowering individuals who have faced discrimination based on sex and/or gender to achieve their goals. The annual Women of Distinction awards program is an exciting continuation of the tradition to honor, celebrate, nd connect leaders who advocate for gender equity support and women on campus.
Award recipients may be undergraduate or graduate students, staff members, community/alumni or faculty members of all genders.
Finalists are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Committment to serving as a role model and providing mentorship to individuals who have faced discrimination based on sex and/or gender to acheive their goals
- Dedication to empowering individuals who haved discrimination based on sex and/or gender
- Demonstrates a commitment to the BGSU mission and encourages others to live up to BGSU’s core values:intellectual and personal growth, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurism, diversity and belonging, collaboration with each other and our partners, and excellence in all we do
- Advocates for and reinforces policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all while garnishing the respect within the community.
- Is a leader who has made extraordinary contributions in their communities through their time, talent, and/or resources
Updated: 02/10/2022 01:50PM