The Mechatronics Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Outcomes
The Mechatronics Engineering Technology program at program at BGSU expects the graduates within a few years of graduation to attain the following Program Educational Objectives (PEO).
- PEO 1: Graduates will be able to combine knowledge with modern tools to solve real-world interdisciplinary engineering problems related to electromechanical systems and advanced manufacturing and robotics systems;
- PEO 2: Graduates will be able to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams; and
- PEO 3: Graduates will be able to demonstrate continuous professional improvement including commitment to ethical responsibilities in their profession.Student Outcomes
Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, students in the Mechatronics Engineering Technology program will be capable of the following Student Outcomes (SO):
- SO 1: An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- SO 2: An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- SO 3: An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- SO 4: An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- SO 5: An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Updated: 08/30/2019 11:18AM