Christopher Kluse, Ph.D.
Christopher Kluse, Ph.D.
Position: Assistant Professor
Address: 219 Technology Building
- Ph.D. in Technology Management, Concentration in Quality Management, Eastern Michigan University, 2012
- MS in Industrial Engineering Technology Concentration in Quality Management, Eastern Michigan University, 2003
- BS in Industrial Systems Management, Lake Erie College, 1998
- Certified Manager of Quality and Organization Excellence by The American Society for Quality, Cert #3815.
- QS 3550 Lean Systems for Manufacturing & Service
- QS 3610 Quality Management System Audits
- QS 3710 Six Sigma Overview
- QS 3800 Lean Six Sigma
- QS 4600 Quality Management System Planning
- QS 4650 Leadership for Lean & Manufacturing & Service Operations
- QS 4700 Kaizen Program
- QS 6100 Quality Management System Planning
- QS 6260 Six Sigma Systems
- QS 6270 Lean Systems Analysis
- QS 6160 Quality Culture Assessment
- QS 7020 Quality Change Culture
- QS 7260 Quality Systems
- QS 7270 Documentation Based Process Improvement
- Research Areas:
- Failure Mode Effects and Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma Methods for Improvement
- Competency Based Education for Quality Systems
- Applied Tools of Quality, and Quality Auditing
More about Dr. Kluse
I am the Quality Systems eCampus Coordinator & Assistant Professor of Quality Systems here at BGSU. Prior to coming to BGSU, I was an Adjunct Lecturer at Eastern Michigan University teaching graduate, online courses in Quality Management/Systems, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Furthermore, I was appointed part time at Southern New Hampshire University where I was a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and adjunct instructor in the quantitative studies and operations management program. Prior to my full time appointment in Academia, I was employed, full time for 25 years, in the automotive industry as a Quality Manager, Quality Engineer, and Operations Manager. I left industry in August '15 to teach full time in the Quality Systems program at BGSU. In my industrial career, I worked in a Lean Manufacturing Environment for over 15 years and have worked with most of the major OEM's including GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, and KIA. I am an industry trained Six Sigma Blackbelt and have lead many successful Six Sigma projects while in industry. Additionally, I am a Certified Manger of Quality & Organizational Excellence through the American Society for Quality. I was a senior leader when in the automotive industry, I am experienced with many of the techniques and practices we will explore in the Quality Systems Program. Experience coming from both success and failure. I managed within a Lean Environment for approximately 20 years, most within the automotive industry. I have observed and experienced many aspects of Lean including great success and failure. I also had the chance to visit many, many OEM's including Toyota, Honda, Nissan, General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler (formerly), to see Lean principles in practice. Additionally, I have visited a vast number of tier I and tier II automotive suppliers that use the principles of Lean and or Six Sigma.