To earn a Bachelor of Science in Technology degree with a major in Management & Technology, students transfer credits from their regionally accredited associate’s degrees and then complete the major courses and remaining general education requirements.
To meet the program requirements, students must complete 5 core courses (15 hours), 4 professional electives courses (12 hours), the cooperative education courses, the BG perspective courses, and meet the technical cognate requirements.
Professional Core Courses (15 hours)
- TECH 3000 Computer-Mediated Communications in Training and Education (3)
- TECH 4000 Supervisory Practices in Technological Settings (3)
- TECH 4400 Project Management (3)
- TECH 4500 Seminar in M&T (3)
- QS 3550 Foundations of Lean or QS 4650 Leadership for Lean Six Sigma (3)
Professional Electives (Select one concentration)
Training and Development Concentration
- TECH 3200 Adult Learning (3)
- TECH 4300 Development of Training Programs (3)
- TECH 4310 Instructional Materials Development (3)
- TECH 4320 Evaluation & Assessment (3)
- TECH 4330 Instructional Design & Delivery (3)
Internet and Information Studies Concentration
- TECH 4210 Technological Forecasting (3)
- TECH 4220 Information Policy Analysis (3)
- TECH 4230 Digital Rights Management (3)
- TECH 4240 Media Usability Studies (3)
- ANY 3-credit hour CS, CST, or IS course (3)
- MGMT 3050 Principles of Organization & Management (3)
- COMM 1020** (or any 3-credit hour COMM course} (3)
- LEGS 3010 Legal Environment of Business or PHIL 2200 Business Ethics (3)
- ESHP 2040 Entrepreneurship: Introduction or BA 3900 Business in the Global Arena (3)
- MGMT 3610 Human Resource Management or MGMT 3000 Integrated Operations & Supply Chain Management (3)
- TECH 3890 (earn 4 credit hours for work experience for a nominal fee) (4)
Technical and/or Applied Cognate (36 hours)
Thirty-six hours of applied, technical courses can be transferred from previous coursework to demonstrate proficiency in a recognized technical area.
General Education (BG Perspective) and Other Requirements
- A maximum number of credit hours will be reviewed to apply to degree requirements
- Previous learning experiences can be reviewed for credit
**Course also fulfills a general education requirement.
The General Education (BG Perspective) requirements and the College of Technology requirements can be transferred from your associate's degree. Get more information on transferring credits to BGSU.
Courses taken at a college or university on the quarter system will transfer as fewer hours than the BGSU equivalent. Students must have a minimum of 123 semester hours to meet BGSU graduation requirements. A minimum of 40 hours of credit must be at the 3000 or 4000 level.