Academic Advisors are here to assist you in obtaining your degree. They can help you understand curriculum requirements and university and college policies and procedures. All first year students are required to meet with their advisor.
Schedule Your Own Appointment
Follow the below instructions to set up an advising appointment with a staff advisor:
1. Log in to MyBGSU and click the SSC icon.
2. Click "Schedule an Appointment" in top right corner.
3. Select "Advising" from the drop-down menu.
4. Select "My Assigned Academic Advisor (College Advisor)" from the second drop-down menu.
5. Select the issue you wish to discuss from the third drop-down menu.
6. For location, select "College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering Advising Office" and then click on your advisor's name.
7. Navigate through my calendar and choose an available time slot that will work with your schedule.
8. You should then receive email and text message reminders about the appointment.
Expanded Walk-In Advising for Spring 2019 registration
Monday, October 22- 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Tuesday, October 23- 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Wednesday, October 24- 2:00-4:00
Thursday, October 25- 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Friday, October 26- 9:00-11:00
Monday, October 29- 2:00-4:00
Tuesday, October 30- 9:00-11:00
Wednesday, October 31- 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Thursday, November 1- 2:00-4:00
Friday, November 1- 9:00-11:00
What courses should I register for next?
THANK AN ADVISOR
Our academic advisors strive to help you achieve the best academic outcomes. If you feel your advisor deserves the praise of a job well done, please let him or her know.
Share your appreciation.