Academic Advisors are here to assist you in obtaining your degree. They can help you understand curriculum requirements and university and college policies and procedures. All first year students are required to meet with their advisor.
Schedule Your Own Appointment
Follow the below instructions to set up an advising appointment with a staff advisor:
1. Log in to MyBGSU and click the SSC icon
2. Click "Schedule an Appointment" in top right corner
3. Select "Advising" from the drop-down menu
4. Select "My Assigned Academic Advisor (College Advisor)" from the second drop-down menu
5. Select the issue you wish to discuss from the third drop-down menu
6. For location, select "College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering Advising Office" and then click on your advisor's name
7. Navigate through my calendar and choose an available time slot that will work with your schedule.
8. You should then receive email and text message reminders about the appointment.
For the first two weeks of the semester, the advisors are hold walk-in hours. Students are seen on a first come, first serve basis.
Sunday, August 26 2:30-5:00
Monday, August 27 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Tuesday, August 28 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Wednesday, August 29 2:00-4:00
Thursday, August 30 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Friday, August 31 9:00-11:00
Tuesday, September 4 9:00-11:00
Wednesday, September 5 9:00-11:00, 2:00-4:00
Thursday, September 6 2:00-4:00
Friday, September 7 9:00-11:00
What courses should I register for next?
THANK AN ADVISOR
Our academic advisors strive to help you achieve the best academic outcomes. If you feel your advisor deserves the praise of a job well done, please let him or her know.
Share your appreciation.