How to Register Your Co-op
Summer 2021 Co-op Dates: May 26-August 20, 2021
Summer 2021 Co-op Registration Application Deadline: May 26, 2021
(Summer 2021 co-op registration processing will begin on March 1st, the first day of summer open registration.)
Spring 2021 Co-op Dates: January 11 - April 30, 2021 (Contact the co-op office if you aquire a co-op after the deadline to register)
To register for your CO-OP course (TECH 2890, 3890 or 4890), you will need to provide your personal information as well as the following information to complete the registration form:
Name, street address, web address of the Employer.
Name, title, email, phone of your expected co-op supervisor or hiring authority.
Your co-op position title and description.
Dates, hours, and number of weeks you will be working.
Compensation for your employment.
International students should also consult with the International Programs and Partnerships Office for more information regarding the appropriate work authorization requirements.*
Note: Non-traditional E-Campus students in the Management and Technology (M&T) and Quality Systems (QS) degree completion programs should consult with their assigned faculty advisor regarding co-op requirements.. M&T students should consult with Program Advisor, Dr. Shelley Waltonen Moore, at email@example.com and QS students should consult with Program Advisor,. Dr. Chris Kluse at firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding further.
- Co-op Registration Application is submitted by the student.
- The Co-op Office reviews your application first to confirm that it has all of the information and meets the co-op requirements. The Co-op Office will contact you if there are any questions. If approved by the Co-op Office;
- Your application is then sent to the chair of your program for final approval.
- The chair of your program and is reviewing the information on your co-op registration application for:
- Is your proposed co-op related to your major?
- Are you working one full semester, 40 hours a week?
(or 20 hours/week for 2 consecutive semesters, if applying for the part-time format)
- Are you being supervised/mentored? (students cannot be self employed).
- Are you being paid a reasonable wage as set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Upon approval by both parties your co-op registration application is sent forward for registration for the 4-credit hour tech. co-op course.
- Students should monitor their BGSU email for updates and notifications.
A part-time co-op registration will only show that you are registered for your co-op during the FIRST semester of the 2 semester, part-time format.
A part-time co-op occurs over two consecutive semester, but all official paperwork is processed the first semester.
DURING THE 1st SEMESTER
- Apply/Register for your co-op course.
- Pay the 4 credit hours of tuition for the co-op course.
- Complete and your co-op report and co-op photo.
- Work at least 20 hours each week.
- At the end of this semester, you will temporarily receive a grade of "IP" which will then be changed to an "S", pending successful completion of ALL co-op requirements listed above and below.
DURING THE 2nd SEMESTER
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-REGISTER YOUR CO-OP (Already completed in first semester)
- Continue working at least 20 hours per week.
- Your supervisor must send an email to the co-op office verifying you have worked the minimum required co-op hours.
- At the end of this semester your grade will be updated to S/U.