How to Register Your Co-op
Spring 2019 Co-op Registration Application Deadline: January 25, 2019.
To register for your CO-OP course (TECH 2890, 3890 or 4890), in addition to your personal infomation, you will need the following infomation to complete the registration form:
Name, street address, web address of the Company/Organization.
Name, title, email, phone of your expected supervisor at Company/Organization.
Your position title and description.
Dates, hours, and number of weeks you will be working.
Compensation for your employment.
*International students should also consult with the International Programs and Partnerships Office for more information regarding the appropriate work authorization requirements.*
- Submit the Application as instructed above.
- The Co-op Office reviews your application and will contact you if there are any questions.
- Your application is then sent to the chair of your program for final approval. The chair of your program is reviewing the information on your co-op registration application for:
a. Is your proposed co-op related to your major?
b. Are you working one full semester, 40 hours a week?
(or 20 hours/week for 2 consecutive semesters, if applying for the part-time format)
c. Are you being supervised at your proposed co-op site?
d. Are you working at a professional location? (not your dorm room or residence)
- Once approved by the chair of your program, your application is sent back to the Co-op office and the Co-op office will register you for your co-op course.
A part-time co-op registration will only show that you are registered for your co-op during the FIRST semester of the 2 semester, part-time format.
A part-time co-op occurs over two consecutive semester, but all official paperwork is processed the first semester.
DURING THE 1st SEMESTER
- Apply/Register for your co-op course.
- Pay the 4 credit hours of tuition for the co-op course.
- Complete and your co-op report and co-op photo.
- Work at least 20 hours each week.
- At the end of this semester, you will temporarily receive a grade of "IP" which will then be changed to an "S", pending successful completion of ALL co-op requirements listed above and below.
DURING THE 2nd SEMESTER
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-REGISTER YOUR CO-OP (Already completed in first semester)
- Continue working at least 20 hours per week.
- Your supervisor must send an email to the co-op office verifying you have worked the minimum required co-op hours.
- At the end of this semester your grade will be updated to S/U.