Pregnant or Parenting Student at BGSU?
Being pregnant or a parent while going to school can be a challenging experience. Finding balance between family commitments, writing papers, classes and your own wellness can be a difficult process.
Below are some of the on-campus resources available at and around BGSU.
Are you at least 18 years old, able to read English, and in your 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy?
If so, you are eligible to participate in a Maternal Eating and Infant Feeding Study through BGSU.
Academic Programs and Services
Nontraditional and Military Student Services - 16 College Park Bldg
• Source of assistance as you plan and complete your program
• Familiar with issues facing adult learners, veterans and other nontraditional students
Office of Equity and Diversity - 204 University Hall
•Provides diversity services and resources to BGSU
•Monitors University compliance with federal and state equal opportunity and nondiscrimination laws and regulations
•Investigates and resolves discrimination and harassment complaints
The Women's Center - 107 Hanna
•Provides resources, support and advocacy for women on and off campus
•Provides proactive and responsive programming to issues affecting women on campus
•Coordinates and facilitates access to resources relevant to women’s issues
•Advocates for the removal of barriers that inhibit the full participation of women in the University community
•Secluded and private locations to express milk
Jonah's Room - 105A Hanna Hall
The Mother's Room - 410 Education Building
Financial Aid - 231 Admin Bldg
• If eligible, aid available for instructional and general fees,
nonresident fees (if applicable), room, meals, books, transportation
and personal expenses
• Searchable scholarship guide
• Nontraditional student scholarships link
Career Center - Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Suite 225
• Assistance in finding a job that suits your schedule and
• Help with exploring different career paths
• Assistance in landing that job after you graduate
• If a College of Technology student, please call 419-372-7581
Wellness and Mental Health Services
Counseling Center - 104 College Park
• Free counseling services
• Resources for counseling of your dependents
• Stress clinic workshops that assist with freeing your mind, relaxing your body, nurturing yourself and conquering procrastination
• Online counseling services
(419) 372-WELL (9355)