Summer Job Fair Logistics
2018 Summer Job Fair Logistics Guide
|10:00 a.m - 10:45 a.m.||On-Site Parking at Bowen-Thompson Student Union Lot 7D
Check-In, Display Set-Up in Ballroom
Employer Brunch in Sky Bank Room 201
|10:45 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.||Welcome & Announcements in Sky Bank Room 201|
|11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Summer Job Fair Open to Students|
|1:00 p.m.||Lunch in Sky Bank Room 201 for Recruiters|
|3:00 p.m.||Event Ends
WHAT TO EXPECT
BGSU students from various backgrounds and experiences attend the fair. You may meet students local to our area or international students; freshmen - seniors; as well as majors spanning the entire range of offerings at BGSU.
Please be aware that although we recommend that students dress in business casual attire, we do not deny admission to students in any attire. Some students will attend the fair in between classes, dropping in as they are able.
Set-Up: Representatives may arrive at any time after 9:00 a.m. for set-up. Assistance will be available for unloading materials. Recruiters are responsible for unpacking and setting up of their own displays/materials, as well as repacking and shipping after the fair.
Booth Size: Your space at the job fair allows for a floor display to be placed behind your 6' table.
Table & Layout: The 6' table includes a white tablecloth with two chairs. Organizations will be arranged in alphabetical order.
Banners: These cannot be hung on the walls, so please bring appropriate supplies to display your banner at/on the table.
Electrical Outlets: Unfortunately, we are unable to provide electrical outlets. We encourage you to bring displays that do not require electricity or video hookup.
Audio Displays: We prefer that you not bring audio displays due to the noise level of the fair and the comfort of neighboring companies.
Wireless Internet Access: The Bowen-Thompson Student Union is equipped with wireless internet access. Instructions for access will be included in your Welcome Packet. Please contact your IT department to make sure all firewalls and security software allow accessibility.
Balloons: Due to the sprinkler systems in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union, balloons are not allowed.
ADVERTISE TO BUILD BRAND RECOGNITION ON CAMPUS
To advertise your company on our website, send us your logo and we'll link it to a URL of your choice. Deadline to submit logo links for the Summer Job Fair is March, 14 2018.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
When shipping materials and displays to the Student Employment Services for use at the Summer Job Fair, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Employers should ship display units, printed material, and give-a-way items to arrive no earlier than Monday, February 26, 2018 and no later than Monday, March 12, 2018.
- All items must clearly indicate your organization's name and specify the Summer Job Fair.
- Deliver items directly to:
Student Employment Services
Bowling Green State University
226 Bowen-Thompson Student Building
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0161
- Use your courier's tracking system to confirm successful arrival and shipment dates.
- Items will be stored at Student Employment Services until March 13, 2017. We will make every effort to have your shipped materials waiting at your display table upon your arrival. It is the recruiter's responsibility to prepare all items for courier pick-up, including the return shipping address and completed shipping forms with employer's account number.
- Please arrange a pick-up time with your courier before you leave the Fair. Student Employment Services will not coordinate your shipment. Use your courier's tracking system to confirm successful arrival and shipment dates.
- If materials are not picked up by April 1, 2018, BGSU reserves the right to dispose of them.
A buffet brunch is included in the registration fee and will be available from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Coffee, tea, and water will be available throughout day.
Lunch will be served at 1:00 pm. Coffee, tea and water will be available throughout the day.
COPYING & DUPLICATION SERVICES
There are commercial copy and duplicating services available in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union or within the city of Bowling Green. See below for businesses:
- Stamper's Mail and Copy Shop (419-372-9633) 227 Bowen-Thompson Student Union
- The Copy Shop (419-352-4068) 117 E. Court Street
- FedEx Copy Services (419-354-3977) 115 Railroad Street
- Staples Copy & Print Center (419-352-2376) 1080 S. Main Street
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- From Detroit Metropolitan Airport: Take I-94 West to I-275 South to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (1 hour 30 minutes)
- From Toledo Airport: Take Route 2 East to I-475 East to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (40 minutes)
- From Ohio Turnpike: Take Exit 64 off Interstate 80/90 to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (30 minutes)
- From Columbus Airport: Take I-670 East to I-270 North to I-71 North to US 36/OH 37 West (Exit 131). Then US 36/OH 37 West to US 23 North to Route 15 West to I-75 North to Bowling Green Exit 181 (2 hours, 30 minutes)
Unloading at Bowen-Thompson Student Union: Take East Wooster Street West to Thurstin Avenue and turn right (north). The entrance of the Union parking lot is on the right (east) just past the crosswalk intersection. Staff will be available to help you unload your materials.
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS IN BOWLING GREEN
For employers who wish to stay in the city of Bowling Green, here are some local hotels close to campus. Student Employment Services neither endorses a particular establishment nor negotiates accommodation rates. It is advisable to book your rooms early for the most suitable accommodations.
- Best Western Falcon Plaza (419-352-4671) 1450 E. Wooster Street, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
- Hampton Inn (419-353-3464) 142 Campbell Hill Road, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
- Holiday Inn Express (419-353-5500) 2150 E. Wooster Street, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
Other helpful links:
BGSU Interactive Campus Map