The following are summaries of University and Division of Student Affairs policies with links to the full policy. The goal of a summary is to allow the user to quickly determine the policy(ies) that apply to their situation; thus, limiting research time.

  • Food services must be provided according to the policies, procedures, and regulations as established by the State of Ohio Board of Health.
  • All food served on campus must be provided by a licensed food service vendor. Some exemptions may apply.

            -Sales and Distribution of Perishable Foods

            -Serving Baked Goods

  • The serving of food to any public group in a campus facility must be approved by that facility director.

            -Food Service Policies for Student Organizations

  • Food services in the Union and it's jurisdictions must follow Student Organization Food Policies as outlined on the Bowen-Thompson Student Union website.

            -Student Organization Food Policies

  • Business Entertainment (not applicable to student groups)
  • Clear business purpose for the activity
  • Two or more persons with at least one non-BGSU person
  • No liquor or alcoholic beverages
  • Staff training and retreats: requires formal training, spearkers, or educational experiences
  • No flowers, gifts, greeting cards, and parties for employees (including student employees) and employee's dependends, etc.
  • Reasonable costs with original receipts or vendor invoices
  • Reimbursement Form
  • Cash Collections
    Collection of cash, checks, credit cards and BG1 card
  • Endorse checks "For Deposit Only"
  • Two people count and record amount collected
  • Do not spend funds - Deposit in University (DOC) or Foundation account
  • Secure until deposited - in University building: secure place, preferably a fireproof safe
  • DO NOT keep in a car or home!!


  • Two people count and verify amount collected
  • Prepare deposit slip (available at Bursar's Office)
  • Deposit timely - within 24 hours
  • After hours deposit at BTSU Information Center available (primarily student organizations)

Foundation Deposits

  • Save as Bursar Deposits (See "Deposits" above) EXCEPT deliver to Mileti Alumni Center, Development Office
  • Contact the BGSU Foundation at 419-372-7698 with any questions
  • PCard Administration
  • What can I use it for? Primarily, the P-Card can be used to purchase most of the same goods and services that can be obtained using a check request or purchase order. 

    Examples include:

  • Goods and Services up to $3,500
  • Airfare Other Transportation (Rental Vehicle, etc.)
  • Conference Registration

Primarily, the card cannot be used for travel expenses. Examples include:

  • Goods and Services over $3,500
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Cash advances, travelers checks, money orders, wire transfers
  • Donations
  • Entertainment expenses
  • Employee relocation expenses
  • Fuel for a privately-owned vehicle
  • Leases
  • Long term rentals (1 year or longer)
  • Personal items
  • Travel expenses (lodging, restaurants, etc.)
  • Travel - Taxi/Limousine Service
  • Security for Special Events
  • A sponsored public event must have police officers present at all times
  • Hired by the sponsoring group
  • To schedule a special even, call 419-372-8816
  • Travel Policy
  • Travel regulations and reimbursement policy
  • Also see "Vehicle Use"

Policies and forms related to driving university owned, leased or rented vehicles:

  • Driver Insurability Policy
  • Motor Vehicle Record Statement Form
  • Motor Vehicle and Driver Safety Procedure
  • Student Use of Vehicles
  • Van Driver Safety Procedure
  • Vehicle Rental

Travel reimbursement policy and other travel regulations include: