First Generation Falcon Program
Students who have any questions or wish to withdraw their application can reachout to the program leader James Kearney at email@example.com.
This free program is designed to make the transition into University life as smooth as possible for the student and their family. Throughout the five-day program, participants will:
- Identify campus support resources
- Learn communication and collaboration skills that will lead to positive community engagement
- Participate in learning sessions on Financial Literacy, Success in the Classroom, Self-Advocacy and more
- Students will identify personal skills and prospects to connect those skills to academic and co-curricular opportunities at Bowling Green State University
- Parents/Guardians will gain knowledge of University processes and parent resources at Bowling Green State University
During your time in the First Generation Falcon Program you will work with many individuals who are here to help all our First Generation Falcons succeed. Within the program you will have Team Leaders and Group Leaders, each will provide guidance and oversight during your first year here at BGSU.
- Will assist in the planning of the four-day free summer Generation Falcon Program
- Work to plan programs during the academic year for Generation Falcon students
- Meet with students identified as struggling one-on-one
- Lead a group of Generation Falcon stidents throughout the summer program
- Meet with students one-on-one throughout the week long program
- Create programming and social outing based on the needs of the students
Are you a commuter?
Because this program is so close to the official move-in days, we are unable to provide overnight housing for commuters, but don't let this discourage you. Once you are admitted to the program, we will contact you and discuss your commute. We want to make the drive to and from the on-campus program as easy as possible for you. If you have any questions in the mean time, email Off-Campus Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the duration of the program?
The program will tentatively run from Aug. 13-17. Students will move-in early to participate in the program. Parents/guardians are encouraged to participate in the program the first half of Day 1, but not required. The program will last a total of five days for students. Changes to the schedule may be made based on logistical needs and any unforeseen circumstances.
Who should attend?
First-generation students and their parents/guardians attending BGSU for the first time during the fall semester.
Are meals included?
Meals will be included according to the program schedule.
Is there a cost to attend?
No, this is a free program. BUT, there will be a $150 fee per day fee if an on-campus residential student moves in and doesn't participate.
NO SHOW FEE: The Generation Falcon Program is a five-day, comprehensive program. Missing any part would greatly diminish the effectiveness of the program. Therefore, it is an expectation that those accepted into the program fully attend, and participate, in all sessions. This includes the opening welcome on the first day through closing sessions. On-campus residential students who fail to attend sessions and participate will be charged $150 per day the student misses to cover the room occupancy, up to a maximum fee of $750.
Although there is no charge to participate in the Generation Falcon Program, students who do not fully attend the program will be charged $150 per day they miss. Students will be asked to confirm they understand this when they apply.
Updated: 05/24/2023 01:57PM