Honors Learning Community
The Honors Learning Community (HLC) is a popular option among both new and returning Honors College students.
- Participate in funded, annual trips to Chicago or Stratford
- Visit local museums and enjoy cultural attractions
- Receive free books for ongoing book discussions
- Access to “The Den” on the ground floor of Founders Hall
- Events are held there throughout the semester
Statistics and Information:
Honors College students are not required to live in the HLC. If a student chooses to be part of the HLC as a first year student, he/she is required to live in Founders Hall.
As living in Founders Hall is also open to returning HLC students, space in the HLC is limited. First year students who are interested in requesting a spot should complete each of the following steps early to be considered. These steps can be completed in any order:
- Be accepted to the Honors College. To access the Honors application, visit their website.
- Be accepted to the HLC. To request enrollment in the HLC, click on the "Enrollment in this Community" orange button below
- Pay his/her $200 Housing Initial Payment - available through MyBGSU
- Location (and hall to live in): Founders Hall
- All residents, including requested roommates, must be members
- Freshman – Senior students
- First and Second-year Students | $125 per semester
- Third and Fourth-year Students | $75 per semester and serve in a leadership role.
FOR RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY:
Continuing students are not required to live in Founders Hall in
order to participate in the HLC. Membership during one year, does not
guarantee membership in a future year. Continuing students in the HLC
will be provided information annually regarding housing and enrollment
in the HLC.
For more details visit the Honors Learning Community website.