EDHD Theme Community
The Education and Human Development (EDHD) Theme Community is open to all students in the College of Education and Human Development. Are you unsure if your major falls in EDHD? Check out our website by clicking here.
The EDHD Theme Community is designed to provide students with opportunities to connect with peers, faculty, and staff within the College of Education and Human Development. Living together will allows students to become part of a close-knit community and support one another throughout his/her time at Bowling Green State University.
- Hosts events for students to get to know his/her academic advisor, provide him/her with a chance to learn about the student organizations that relate to his/her major,
- Allows students to have discussions about civic engagement and civil discourse.
- Give students opportunities to have fun with their peers.
- Build connections with academic advisors to enhance your academic experience
- Receive Mentoring from EDHD faculty
- Programming to promote success in college
- Social activities
Statistics and Information
- Located (and all to live in): McDonald Hall
- Open to all undergraduate EDHD students
- No cost to participate
Each community has a set of residence hall rooms specifically designated for them. To sign up for one of these rooms, you must apply, and be accepted into the community, prior to April 25, 2018. To ensure your chance to live in the community, please complete the following steps:
||Complete your housing application|
|Step 2||Apply here and login with your BGSU username and password|
|Step 3||Click on Add a New Community Enrollment Request and choose your desired community and academic year/term|
|Please Note||Students can only apply for two communities on there own. If you want to apply to more than two communities, please contact the additional communities you are interested in so they can apply for you. If you have applied for two and change your mind, go into the system and withdraw yourself from the one(s) you are no longer interested in. This will open up a space for you again.
After you have submitted your request to join a community, you will receive an email from the community director approving your request. When it’s time for you to select your room in the next phase, you will be able to view and select rooms within the designated community space in the community’s residence hall. For example, if you choose to join the Chapman Learning Community, you will select a room in Kohl hall.