Dance, art, theatre, music, creative writing— as a profession or an avocation, the Arts Village is an extraordinary learning community for students. The community offers on-site classes specifically geared toward art students, collaborative projects, activities and social events.
Open to students in any major, the Arts Village involves exploring all aspects of the arts and sharing views with one another and faculty of various disciplines.
- Collaboration between students of all disciplines
- Space for community engagement and creative development/exploration
Statistics and Information:
- All undergraduate students
- Location (and hall to live in): Kreischer Compton Hall
- 150 students with various majors, all with a real interest in the arts and a strong desire to succeed and be evolved
- All residents, including requested roommates, must be members
- First and Second-year Students | $200 per semester
- Third and Fourth Year | $75 per semester and serve in a leadership role.
For more details visit the Arts Village website or call 419-372-4587.
Each community has a set of residence hall rooms specifically designated for them. To sign up for one of these rooms, you must apply, and be accepted into the community, prior to April 25, 2018. To ensure your chance to live in the community, please complete the following steps:
||Complete your housing application|
|Step 2||Apply here and login with your BGSU username and password|
|Step 3||Click on Add a New Community Enrollment Request and choose your desired community and academic year/term|
|Please Note||Students can only apply for two communities on there own. If you want to apply to more than two communities, please contact the additional communities you are interested in so they can apply for you. If you have applied for two and change your mind, go into the system and withdraw yourself from the one(s) you are no longer interested in. This will open up a space for you again.
After you have submitted your request to join a community, you will receive an email from the community director approving your request. When it’s time for you to select your room in the next phase, you will be able to view and select rooms within the designated community space in the community’s residence hall. For example, if you choose to join the Chapman Learning Community, you will select a room in Kohl hall.