ECONOMY TRIPLE OPTIONS AND RATES
The majority of the economy triples available are in Offenhauer Towers. We do have a few in Centennial Hall and Falcon Heights but receiving an Economy Triple room in one of these halls is very competitive.
2019-2020 Residence Hall Rates
Savings Per Semester
|Centennial Hall (New Students Only)||$2,390||$3,445||$1,055|
|Falcon Heights (Returing Students Only)
*Price savings is compared to a double room in the same residence hall.
- A room originally designed for two individuals to share and converted to accommodate three people.
- A cheaper option because of the smaller space
- Students in this type of room will have two roommates
- Students have to fill out a special form in order to receive an Economy Triple room.
- Only offered to students in the following halls:
- Centennial Hall (New Students only)
- Falcon Heights (Returning Students only)
- Offenhauer Towers
- The most affordable housing on campus
- Microfridge (mini-fridge and microwave combined)
- Lofted Bed
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- The average size of a double room is 180 square feet (90 sqft per person) and the average size of an Economy Triple is 239 square feet (79 sqft per person).*
- As a triple, students will share a room with two other people which means they will have less space, but pay a lower rate.
- Students will not be able to bring a refrigerator, microwave or futon as the room is not large enough. Please note: One microwave/refrigerator combo unit will be provided by the University for each room for roommates to share.
- All beds are lofted and will need to stay lofted in the economy triple so all furnishings fit within the room
- Students will not receive a self-selection time issued in May because room assignments will be done by Residence Life staff.
*Please note, the sizes listed are averages and some rooms are smaller than 239 sq ft.
Location is determined by the the demand for space. Currently they are slated to be located in Centennial Hall, Falcon Heights and Offenhauer Towers.
Economy Triple rooms were once large two-person rooms. This translates to enough space for each resident to receive a full set of furniture but less space per person. To maximize the space, all beds will need to remain lofted with the desk and dresser under it.
Helpful tip: As you consider a triple room, ensure that you are comfortable sleeping in a bed that is lofted from the ground.
Yes. This upcomign year, returners will be able to apply to live in an Economy Triple in Falcon Heights and Offenhauer.
Because of the increase in demand and enrollment, Economy Triples have been added to our room inventory for the academic year. Students that select an Economy Triple room will be assigned there for the entire academic year.
- Multiple TVs
- Other mini-fridges or microwaves
If you opted into an Economy Triple you are not provided a self-section time as you have already been assigned a room.
Placement is based upon your listed preferences, housing initial payment date and space availability.
No. On the request form you can request a roommate if you know someone -or- you can leave it blank and the Office of Residence Life will assign you a roommate(s).
Information on the application process including dates is coming soon. Keep an eye on our page for updates later this fall.
No. If you are assigned to an Economy Triple, you will not receive a room selection time because you have been placed in a room.
Through the Economy Triple Application you selected a meal plan. If you need to make changes to your meal plan option, you can make the change online or by calling the Campus Dining Accounting Office at 419-372-7933