In 2018-19, two buildings will make up the University Apartments and combine the convenience of the residence halls and the independent lifestyle of apartment living. Located one block from campus, the University Apartments house over 80 students in single rooms in three person apartments. Each air conditioned apartment features a furnished living room, kitchen and shared private bathroom.
Students | Only Returning Students can select to live in the University Apartments.
Rooms | All room options during the 2018-19 academic school year will be single rooms in a three bedroom apartment.
- Three Bedroom Apartment | Three students have their own single room and share the kitchen, living room and two bathrooms within the apartment.
Bathroom | Students are responsible for supplying their own cleaning products, shower curtain, toilet paper and cleaning the bathroom.
Laundry | Laundry is done in the on-site community laundry facility. Laundry is not built into Apartment Student Fees, so there will be a cost associated with doing laundry. (Wash: $1.00 | Dry: $.75)
Community | Living in the apartments will have the private feeling like an off-campus apartment.
Returning Students who are eligible to live on campus, are eligible to live in the apartments. To be eligible to live in the University Apartments, you must be in good judicial standing and have a cumulative GPA of a 2.5. If you are applying for a 3 person apartment, all members of your group must meet these requirements or your application will not be considered.
Please note: First-year and Transfer Students are not able to live in the apartments.
During the 2018-19 academic school year, there will only be one style of apartment available.
- 3 person apartment (3 single bedrooms)
For the 2018-19 academic school year, 506 and 514 North Enterprise will make up the University Apartments.
There is an application that will open up in December and there will be a three step process:
- Step 1: You must complete the Continuing Student Housing Application through your MyBGSU Housing account and submit your initial $200 payment.
- Step 2: Complete your apartment application, when it opens.
- Step 3: If you are selected to have an apartment, you will come up to the Office of Residence Life during a specific week to select your apartment. You will be provided a specific day and time to make your selection.
You will receive notification in early February, prior to returning student selection, regarding your apartment application status. If you are selected, you will also receive additional information about how to select your apartment.
Yes. If you are not selected to live in the apartments you will take part in the residence hall room selection process.
The apartments are furnished with basic furnishings, which include a twin bed and dresser for each occupant, a living set (one couch, two chairs, two end tables, two lamps, and a coffee table), and a dinette set. The kitchens are equipped with a stove, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. All furnishing must remain in the apartment and cannot be removed by the occupant.
APARTMENT PARKING LOT
- Each residential student in the University Apartments (506 & 514 North Enterprise) is issued a Greenbriar parking sticker which is included in the fee for your apartment.
- Greenbriar parking stickers must be visibly posted at the bottom left of the rear window on the resident’s vehicle.
ON-CAMPUS PARKING FOR 506 & 514 NORTH ENTERPRISE
- To park on campus you will need to purchase a BGSU Commuter permit.
- You must contact Parking Services before you go online to order your permit.
- Due to an internal interface restriction, a manual override must be performed by Parking Services to complete the process.
- Parking Services is available to take your call Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 419-372-2776.
- The manual overide is only valid the day you call so prepare to register for your permit when you call.
Since these apartments are University-sponsored, you will be billed through your Bursar Account, similar to how residence halls are billed.
Your room rate includes all utilities, so you will not receive a separate bill.
Laundry is done in the on-site community laundry facility. Laundry is not built into Apartment Student Fees, so there will be a cost associated with doing laundry.
If you live in the apartments you are not required to have a meal plan. If you move from the apartments to a Residence Hall or the Greek Village, you will be required to select a meal plan at the time of your move.
There will be university staff, similar to the residence hall structure, who will provide oversight and supervision in the apartments. The BGSU Police Department will work closely with the City of Bowling Green police department to provide safety and security.
Three Bedroom Apartments
- Three Single Rooms with a shared living room, kitchen and two private bathrooms.
- Bedroom Size | 10' 8" x 12'
Please note: Bedroom sizes vary room to room. The sizes listed are an average and only include the bedroom space. It does not include the dimensions of the bathroom, living room or any other feature in the apartments.
Current Students Apartment Guide
The Office of Residence Life welcomes you. Please visit the University Apartment Guide to find everything you need to know about your apartment, including; mailing address, Hall Director contact information, maintenance request information and more.