Summer Assistant (SA) | The SA is seen as the face of the University during the summer months. The SA is the first contact to conference guest, and has the responsibility to provide strong customer service, while upholding the University’s standards and polices. The SA works hourly shifts completing front desk duties, as well as camp inspections and check-ins/check-outs.
Please note: SAs must live in on-campus housing during the employment period – May 6 – Aug. 17, 2018.
There are 25 Summer Assistant positions available. 12 staff members will start on May 6, 2018 and 13 staff members will start on June 11, 2018.
* Staff beginning on May 6 will move into their rooms as they become available. Staff can continue living in their current room until they receive their new assignment.
SA Job Duties
- Provide the highest level of customer service and ethical decision making
- Serve as an ambassador/recruiter for Bowling Green State University
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of conferences housed in a residence halls (i.e. administrative duties, working the front desk, etc.)
- Serve on-call (overnight in assigned buildings)
- Work check-in and check-out of conferences
- Prepare buildings for conference usage
- Close down buildings at the end of the summer conference season
- Communicate polices/procedures to conference guests
- Submit maintenance concerns and report any emergency situations
- Responsible for keeping accurate logs and house books
- Assist custodial team with building inspections between conferences
- Attend mandatory training sessions and staff meetings
- Occasionally work overnight shifts
- Perform general clerical and safety tasks including key and access control
- Assist with linens (i.e. counting, distribution, etc.)
- Complete duties assigned in the Central Office of Residence Life
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. lifting, carrying/moving luggage, boxes, etc.)
2018 Application Process
There are many steps to the application process. To help you better understand the timeline, please review the schedule below:
|Step 1||Jan. 4 - 28 | Interested applicants should Apply Now.|
|Step 2||Applicants will receive an email by Tuesday, Jan. 30 to let them know if their application will be moved onto the next stage of the process.|
|Step 3||Interviews will be scheduled and will take place between Feb. 7 - 14.|
|Step 4||Applicants will be emailed with the status of their candidacy on Monday, Feb. 19 after 3 p.m.|