Graduate SMART Coordinator
The Graduate SMART Coordinator (GSC) assists in providing supervision, leadership development and support to the SMART Team Leaders and Mentors. GSCs also oversee the planning of programs and events for the SMART mentees.
10-month, 20 hours scheduled per week, plus an additional 8 hours based on housing and meal plan compensation. This position includes additional evening and weekend hours with live-in responsibilities.
Appointment tentatively set to begin July 18, 2018 and end on May 21, 2019. Time-off occurs between semesters and during academic breaks, additional time arranged with supervisor.
- Advise programming within the SMART Program’s five priorities (Academic Success, Safety and Security, Inclusivity, Engagement, and Personal Growth)
- Attend student-led SMART programming events within SMART
- Design, develop, and execute large scale and All-SMART programming events
- Help plan the SMART end-of-the-year Mentee Recognition Banquet
- Assist in the planning of the Taste of February program and student recruitment efforts
- Plan, develop, and execute the “Mentee of the Month” and SMART Incentive Programs
- Develop and implement a SMART programming Capstone Project (2nd Year)
- Direct supervision and evaluation of 10 Mentors
- Indirect supervision of all SMART Program Staff
- Follow up with SMART students who need additional assistance
- Assist in conducting weekly roundtable staff meetings with the SMART staff and monthly meetings with all SMART students
- Assist in coordinating SMART Recruitment/Selection process during Spring Semesters
- Assist in developing/presenting training sessions for SMART Team Leaders, SMART Mentors, and Resident Advisors
- Maintain and update SMART Program listserves, databases, and matching lists
- Monitor and update all SMART Program social media and websites
- Review and compile all meeting and interaction reports, noting concerns
- Meet weekly with Coordinator for Diversity and Retention and weekly with the Residence Education staff
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Participate in on-call duty rotation.
- Serve as an Academic Success Coach for residential and residential leadership students.
- Conduct follow-up conversations with residents on academic success issues as identified by RAs during the Falcon Success and Retention Curriculum (FSRC) conversations
- Make resources referrals to Academic Advisors, Learning Commons, Counseling Center, Bursar, Financial Aid, and other resources relevant to academic success issues
- Talk with students about residential resources such as the Faculty Peer Mentors, Academic Peer Mentors, and Academic Resource Centers
- Help student identify their Academic Advisor, College Offices, DARS Reporting System, Etc. Participate on committees within Residence Life to continue to move the Office of Residence Life toward its mission and vision
- Participate in conduct training with the potential of hearing cases if needed or if enrolled in practicum
- Attend and participate in Residence Education staff training and selection sessions and meetings
- Assist colleagues on the Residence Education and Residence Life team
- Support Bowling Green State University and Office of Residence Life initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
There are many steps to the application process. To help you better understand the timeline, please review the schedule below:
||In order to receive full consideration for an invitation to Interview Days, candidates should submit a completed application by December 1. Applications completed or received after December 1 will be considered on a space-available basis. For more information on the College Student Personnel program, please visit their website.
|Step 2||In January, applications are reviewed by the CSP Admissions Committee. Based on that review, the Admissions Committee members decide who will be extended an invitation to interview.|
|Step 3||Candidates are interviewed at CSP I-Days on campus.|
|Step 4||In March, selected candidates will be offered an approved internship. Once a candidate accepts an offer for an approved internship, formal admission to the CSP program is then granted.|
|Step 5||Canidades must accept by the CSP deadline. Notification letters will be sent to selected candidates.|
||Graduate Assistant training begins.|