Thanksgiving Break Housing
You will be given a Thanksgiving Break Closing Checklist by your Resident Advisor. This form should be completed and signed by all roommates prior to leaving for break. You also need to complete the following before leaving:
- Clean your room
- Empty all trash and take it to the dumpster
- Empty room recycling containers and take it to the larger recycling containers in the hall or lobbies
- Unplug all appliances (fish tanks and refrigerators can be left plugged in for the break)
- Leave the heat on (so the pipes will not freeze in the event of cold weather)
- Close and lock the windows
- Leave curtains open, except on the ground floor (for security purposes)
- Take home any valuables
- Make sure furniture is not blocking room doors or windows
- Turn off all the lights
- Lock the door; take key and PED with you
Need housing during Thanksgiving Break?
On-campus housing is available to current residents with extenuating
circumstances for a fee. You will need to sign-up online through
"My Room and Meals" account and complete the
application. The application is similar to the one you completed for
APPLICATION OPENS | Nov. 1, 2017
APPLICATION CLOSES | Nov. 17, 2017
FEE | $100 – If you request housing after Nov. 17, you will be assessed a $25 late fee in addition to the cost of break housing.
Please note: You may be assigned to temporary housing, meaning you will not be assigned to your current room or hall. There will also be limited on-campus dining options available during break. Review the dining location hours.