University Apartment Guide
2017-18 Apartment Resident Guide
University Apartment Residents should use this guide as a tool throughout their residency in the University Apartments.
Need something delivered? Use your new address below. Mail will be delivered to your individual mailbox located in the apartment common area and packages will be left at your door.
North Enterprise Apartments
### North Enterprise
Bowling Green, OH 43402
East Merry Apartments
422 East Merry
Bowling Green, OH 43402
BGTV is not your parent's cable provider. BGSU is now streaming BGTV to your mobile device so you can watch your favorite shows ANYTIME, ANYWHERE on campus. Learn more about this new service here.
Please note: The in-room BGTV service is not provided inside the University Apartments. All of the features of BGTV and more is available to you through the Apogee Stream2 App. Follow the instructions on how to set up the Enhanced Features of BGTV.
Locked Out? You can check out a Lock-out Key from the Falcon Heights Front Desk or contact 419-409-6314 for assistance. If the key is not returned within 48-hours, a mandatory lock change will occur and you will be responsible for all associated charges.
Lost Your Key? Please tell your RA or contact your Hall Director if you lose your apartment - or - mailbox keys. Lost keys could result in a fee charged to your student account.
Students will be issued a pass to park in the University Apartments Parking Lot that is closest to the apartments. The parking pass is a sticker issued by Greenbriar Properties. This sticker must be displayed in the back left window of the vehicle. Vehicles without the University Apartment parking pass or a guest pass will be towed at the owner's expense.
Want to park on campus? You can purchase a Commuter Pass from University Parking if you wish to park in University Parking Lots.
Have a guest? Individuals who have guests who need to park in the lot will be able to get a guest pass at the Falcon Heights front desk. Guests will need to park in the eastern portion of the lot, nearest to the railroad tracks.
Additional details about the Apartment Parking Policy is outlined under the Policies tab on this page.
Laundry is done in the on-site community laundry facility. Laundry is not built into Apartment Student Fees, so there will be a cost associated with doing laundry. Issues with washing machines should be reported through the Greenbrier Maintenance Online System.
Trash and Recycling
A recycling bin is supplied in your bedroom. You and your roommates will need to supply any additional trash cans including one for your kitchen.
You are responsible for removing your trash and recycling and disposing it in the appropriate on-site location.
All of the furniture and equipment that are in your apartments is owned by Greenbriar Inc. EXCEPT for: dressers, lofts, smoke detectors and CO detectors which are maintained by the University. Please talk with your RA about any issues you have with the four items listed above. For all other issues please reference the following:
Emergency Maintenance Issues
Non-Emergency Maintenance Issues
|If you are experiencing any of these issues, please call the Falcon Heights Front Desk at 419-372-4040 immediately to contact the RA on Duty.
Make a non-emergency report on the Greenbriar Online Maintenance System; including laundry maintenance requests.
Reasons you should NOT fill out a maintenance request:
- Burnt-out Light Bulbs – You are responsible for purchasing and installing light bulbs.
- Smoke/CO Detectors need Batteries
- Things that to be Cleaned
- Losing your Keys
- Losing your Parking Pass
- Your Breaker has been Tripped
Please consult your Resident Advisor about these concerns.
You are responsible know and follow the policies outlined in the BGSU Community Living Standards and Student Code of Conduct. Each of these documents and more can be found on the Dean of Students Page.
Bowling Green City Nuisance Ordinance
Additionally, University Apartment Residents must follow the BG City Nuisance Ordinance. If a resident of Bowling Green calls the police you can be fined if found responsible.
Learn more about the ordinance and read through the Civil Offense Citations that now apply to you.
Apartment Parking Policy
- The Parking Lot at the University Apartments is designated parking for residents of the University Apartments only.
- Residents of the University Apartments is defined as a student who is currently living in Units on 506, 514 and 524 North Enterprise and 422 East Merry.
- The University Apartments are administered through the Office of Residence Life at BGSU.
- Residents of the University Apartments may allow visiting guests to park in the lot in accordance with this policy.
- The University and Greenbriar Properties are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal vehicles.
- Each residential student in the University Apartments is issued a Greenbriar parking sticker.
- Greenbriar parking stickers must be visibly posted at the bottom left of the rear window on the resident’s vehicle.
- Students wishing to have a guest who needs parking, may request a guest pass at the Falcon Heights front desk.
- In accordance with the university guest policy, no guest pass will be issued for more than three consecutive days.
- Guests must display the pass, face up, on the dash board of their vehicle.
- Guests must park in the eastern portion of the lot, nearest to the railroad tracks, allowing other residents to have closer access to their unit.
- Vehicles parked in the University Apartments lot without a sticker or guest pass, will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Requesting a guest pass for purposes other than visiting guest use is a violation of this policy.
- Students found in violation of this policy may be referred to University Conduct.
The contracted towing company is Wright Tire & Auto. Individuals who have their vehicle towed will need to work through the tow company to retrieve their vehicle.
Wright Tire & Auto 2025 Victory Ln.
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Parking in the University Apartments parking lot is administered by the Office of Residence Life and not the BGSU parking Services. If you have any questions about the parking policy, concerns about the parking lot or need to report a parking violation, please contact the Falcon Heights front desk at 419-372-4040.
Railroad Crossing Guidelines
Ohio State Law prohibits the crossing of railroad tracks except at designated street crossing areas where the road intersects with the railroad such as at Merry Street. Failure to cross at appropriate intersections could result in being assessed a fine and a city ticket.
Room inspections will occur three times each semester. RAs will notify you 48-hours in advance of when they will enter your space. You are expected to follow all rules as outlined in the Community Living Standards. Student in violation of University Policies will be documented and will have to meet with the Hall Director.
At the end of the Academic School Year, Greenbriar Inc. will assess each apartment to determine damages and cleaning charges.
This lists is not all inclusive and charges may vary based on the extent of damage or cleaning needed. You will also be assessed a labor charge that is not reflected in the amounts shown below.
Please note: You will be charged for any damage done in your apartments either by you or your guests.
|Living Room Blind||$50|
|Broken Window Lock
|Hole in Couch Cushion||$15|
|Cigarette Carpet Burns||$40|
|Hole in Wall||$65|
|Excessive Holes in Wall||$60|
|Living Room Carpet
If you have a fire in your apartment, please call 911 immediately.
- Leave your apartment, shutting your door behind you and if possible knocking on your neighbors’ doors on the way out notifying them to leave the building.
- There are fire extinguishers in each apartment. If you have a small kitchen fire and you use your extinguisher to put out the fire, please make sure that you notify a staff member so that your fire extinguisher can be recharged.
Please note: It is imperative for the safety of everyone in your community that you make staff aware of any situation involving fire.
It is important for you to learn the difference between a Tornado Watch and a Tornado Warning.
TORNADO WATCH – A Tornado Watch means conditions are conducive to the development of tornadoes in and close to the watch area. When a Tornado Watch is issued:
- Listen to local radio and TV stations for further updates.
- Be alert to changing weather conditions. Blowing debris or the sound of an approaching tornado may alert you. Many people say it sounds like a freight train.
TORNADO WARNING – A Tornado Warning means a tornado has actually been sighted by spotters or indicated on the radar and is occurring or imminent in the warning area. When a Tornado Warning is issued:
- If you are inside, go to the lowest floor in the building.
- If you are not able to go to the lowest point in the building, please head to an internal room. The bathroom or closets are usually the safest.
- Adopt the tornado safety position with your arms over your head, in a crouched position on the ground. It is best to bring a blanket to cover yourself in case of broken glass.
BE PREPARED – It is important for you to keep a Tornado Safety Kit available in your apartment. This should include:
- A first aid kit with essential medication in addition to the usual items.
- A battery powered radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.
- Canned and other non-perishable food and a hand operated can opener.
- Bottled water.
- Sturdy shoes and work gloves.
- Written instructions on how to turn off your homes utilities.
- Whistle or other loud device