WHICH FORM SHOULD YOU FILL OUT?
There are very distinct differences between the two forms, so it's important you read this page carefully. If you have questions, connect with us and we will walk you through it. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests on both forms are granted on a first come, first served basis and we process requests throughout the summer. You will be notified through your BGSU email if your request is approved. On average, we are able to fulfill 70% - 80% of the requests we receive but this is solely determined by factors outside of our control. Requests can only be granted if space becomes available.
- Returning Students | Opens at 9 a.m. on April 1 and closes at 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 1.
- New/Transfer Students | Opens at 9 a.m. on June 3 and closes at 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 1.
This form can only be filled out as an individual. If your request is granted, you will be moved into a waitlist hall without your roommate. In order to complete the waitlist forms, you must already have a room assignment for the fall semester. Placing yourself on a waitlist DOES NOT guarantee you a spot. When a spot opens up the Office of Residence Life will use the waitlists to fill it. Priority is given on a first come, first served basis – not by payment date or completed credit hours.
STEP #1 | Fill out the waitlist forms for the residence hall(s) and/or University Apartments you want to be re-assigned to. If the hall you wish to be re-assigned to isn't listed, you should fill out the room change request form instead.
STEP #2 | After you filled out the form, and you are next on the list when a spot opens up, a call will be made to the phone number you provided in the application. You will be given 24 hours to accept the offer. If there is no answer, a voicemail will be left. If there is no ability to leave a voicemail an email will be sent to your BGSU Email Account notifying you of the space and deadline. If you do not return the call, respond to the email within 24 hour -or- if you do not want to accept the offer, your name will be removed from the waitlist. The next person on the list would get the offer for the spot.
Helpful tip: Make sure your voicemail is set up so you don't miss this important call.
We typically only have one spot open when you receive the call, so the space would only be for you.
If there is an extra spot available, Returning Students requesting to be placed in the University Apartments may have the opportunity to move with their roommate. You can select this option through the waitlist form.
The waitlist for Centennial Hall, Falcon Heights and Founders Hall will show numbers on the waitlist status page. Here is a breakdown of what each column represents.
- # Rooms | This column does NOT reflect actual open rooms. The number is a place holder to allow you to sign up to be on the waitlist. There are no vacancies open in a hall on the waitlist form. When one opens up, we contact the individual next in line to fill it. It will not be shown on this chart.
- # Applicants on Waitlist | This is the total number of students who have placed themselves on the waitlist for the particular residence hall and room type.
- Waitlist Order | This is your place in line out of the total number of applicats on the waitlist. If you see a '1' listed here, you will be next in line when a space opens in that particular room layout designated to your gender. EXAMPLE: If you are a female student, when an opening for a female room comes available, you would be the next person we contact. If the next opening is in room designated for males, it would go to the next male in line.
There could be two reasons for this.
- The next available room(s) have not been in a space designated for your gender, so the opening went to the next student. If this is the case, you are still #1 in line for a room designated to your gender.
- Students have removed themselves from the waitlist.
Yes. You can identify what residence hall and what type of room in the hall you want to be on the waitlist for. If you want to be considered for a single and double in the same hall, you must fill out the form for each.
No. Economy Triple bedrooms are only available to new/transfer students and in order to be considered for one, you must follow a separate process.
Yes. You can be on multiple waitlists. Just follow the same steps to assign yourself to various lists.
If we reached out to you about an opening and you do not respond within the 24-hour window, the next person on the list will receive the offer and your name will be removed from the waitlist. If you would still like to be considered for an opening in a waitlist hall, you can re-add yourself to the waitlist the same way you did originally. Unfortunately, we cannot grant requests to be placed ahead of any students on the list.
ROOM CHANGE REQUEST FORM
- Returning Students | Opens at 9 a.m. on April 1 and close at 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 1.
- New/Transfer Students | Opens at 9 a.m. on June 3 and close at 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 1.
In order to complete the room change request form, you must already have a room assignment for the fall semester. Filling out the form DOES NOT guarantee your request will be granted. When something opens up that matches a request we will fill it from the request form. Priority is given on a first come, first served basis – not by payment date or completed credit hours.
STEP #1 | There is one form but there are four different types of request you can make when you fill out the form. Read carefully so you know which one you want to request. The room change request form is NOT for room changes into Centennial Hall, Falcon Heights, Founders Hall or the University Apartments. Students interested in moving into one of these building must fill out the waitlist forms instead. If you already have an assignment in one of the waitlist halls and you want to make a change within the same building, you would fill out the room change request form.
The form will not open until April 1 (returners) or June 3 (new/transfer). WARNING! If you are a new or transfer student and fill out this form prior to 9 a.m. on June 3, your request will be REMOVED and you will need to re-submit your request after it is officially open.
STEP #2 | Our office will process requests throughout the summer and you will be notified through your BGSU email if your request is approved. Please note: For room swaps, each student who is moving needs to fill out a room change request form. Requests will be denied if a request is not received by both students.