Spring 2021 Move-In Process and Scheduling
We are looking forward to welcoming you to campus for the Spring 2021 semester. These are our plans as of today, but they may be subject to change based on decisions from the state of Ohio and how COVID-19 is impacting Wood County and our Bowling Green community.
Thank you for your enduring patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through the pandemic and adjust plans as needed to keep our campus community as safe as possible. We appreciate how our residential students and their families have adapted to these challenging circumstances.
To ensure physical distancing during move-in, we have designed a process that will limit the number of individuals who will be in the residence halls each hour. To do this, you are required to sign up for a move-in appointment in order to move onto campus this spring. All students, regardless of whether or not you already lived on campus in the fall semester, are required to sign up for a move-in time to limit the number of people arriving on campus at any one time.
- You will be able to start accessing the system to select your move-in appointment based on your residence hall. See the chart below for specific building start time.
- You will have until 5 p.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021, to complete this process.
- Failure to select a move-in appointment may result in you being assigned a time.
- Spring move-in dates are Jan. 6-10, 2021.
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR MOVE-IN APPOINTMENT
- Scheduling your move-in appointment will take place in the Housing Portal. When the system opens up for you, log in to MyBGSU>Housing & Meal Plan Application, and then click "Sign Up for a Spring Move-In Time" button or "Book an Appointment" in the menu above.
- Please review the chart below to see when the system will open for you. Once the system opens up, you will have until 5 p.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021, to complete this process.
- Appointment times will be available on a first-come, first-served basis between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. every move-in day.
- Spring 2021 New and Transfer Students: We encourage you to select a move-in time on Friday, Jan. 8, 2021, so you can take part in the in-person SOAR sessions that will take place the following day.
|System Opens (EST)||Tuesday, Dec. 15||Wednesday, Dec. 16||Thursday, Dec. 17|
|9 a.m.||Kohl Hall||Falcon Heights||McDonald Hall|
|11 a.m.||Conklin Hall||Centennial Hall|
|1 p.m.||Kreischer Ashley
|Founders Hall||Offenhauer East|
|3 p.m.||Kreischer Compton
|Greek Village||Offenhauer West
- Check-in will be located at the front desk of your residence hall. We ask you to try to arrive on campus within the hour of your move-in time. Please note: You may be asked to wait to enter your residence hall depending on the number of individuals moving into the building at the time of your arrival.
- All students will be limited to one guest in the building at a time during move-in. If you plan on having a guest with you during move-in, it is important that you review our guest move-in policies before you arrive.
SPRING 2021 PREPARATIONS
As you prepare to return to the residential community, it is important to note a few changes that will be in place for Spring 2021:
- Guest Policy: As we begin the spring semester, we will not allow guests or visitors in the residential communities. We will revisit this policy throughout the semester with the goal to allow guests and visitors as soon as possible.
- Testing: We will continue to coordinate with local, state and national health organizations and agencies on best practices for testing the campus community. Testing will continue to be vitally important, and our plan is to increase testing upon return and throughout the spring semester. We will continue to require face coverings and physical distancing on our campus.
- In-Person Programs: We will offer some smaller events (10 people or less), but most of our events at the start of spring semester will be outdoors or virtual.
- Virtual Roommate: BGSU recognizes the importance of connecting with one another, which is why we will be starting the Virtual Roommate Program. More details will be shared on how to sign up in a few weeks.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of Residence Life. We are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can also visit our Spring Move-In Guide for more tips and resources.