To combat misperceptions and correct behaviors the Prescription Drug Awareness Grant focuses upon three initiatives including increasing awareness, increasing knowledge and the willingness to discuss prescription drug abuse.
- Attend Late Night Events on campus throughout the year and view the Prescription Drug awarenss campaigns.
- Check out the bi-weekly Stall Talk publications located throughout stalls on campus.
- Notice the Generation Rx posters displayed throughout common campus traffic areas and become aware of the true facts behind Prescription Drug use.
- Attend various shows put on by the BGSU Humanities Troupe and Counseling center to increase your knowledge of Prescription Drug use.
- Check out the Wellness Connection Twitter and Facebook page for daily facts, risks and safety precautions related to Prescription Drug use.
- Take a moment to stop and read the Fourwinds displays throughout BGSU's campus and you may be surprised at what you learn about Prescription Drug use.
- Seek out the Generation Rx resources and informational guides provided on the BGSU Recreation and Wellness website and take the first step in increasing your knowledge and that of those around you.
Willingness To Discuss
- Participate in the Wellness Connection Twitter contest weeekly by answering questions about Prescription Drug abuse and receive the chance to win a $20 Falcon Outfitters' gift card.
- As a campus leader, use the power of encouragement to have your organization participate in Prescription For Disaster skits and learn first hand the misperceptions and truths behind Prescription Drug use.
- Do not miss an opportunity to participate in quizzes and questionnaires regarding Prescription Drug abuse at many campus health and wellness intiatives throughout the year.