News and Events
For More Information:
Karyn Smith, Health Educator:
419.372.9309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Poker Walk - Wednesday, April 5, 11 AM - 1:30 PM | Perry Field House Track Room
Celebrate physical activity and being more active on a regular basis with BGSU, Wood County Hospital, the City of Bowling Green, and Wood County employees. Lace up your sneakers and improve your odds of living a longer, healthier life. Collect the best poker hand while walking and win prizes - no prior poker knowledge required.
Maintain Don't Gain Holiday Challenge 2014 Results
Thank you to the 180+ BGSU faculty, staff, and students for participating in the Maintain, Don't Gain Challenge. The results are in and the program WAS A SUCCESS!
The average American gains at least 1-2 pounds over the holidays, and keep in mind that most people don't ever lose that weight. That means in 20 years most people will put on over 20 pounds just during the holidays.
Congrats on working hard and not being the "average" American - We didn't gain, we didn't just maintain, WE LOST! Way to Go!
Total Weight Loss: 302.6 lbs!
Participants That Lost More Than 2 lbs: 54 participants!
Percentage of Participants That Maintained or Lost Weight: 89.5%
- Onsite One - Hour Chair Massages | Office of the Dean of Students, HESA
- Spring GroupX memberships at the SRC | Jennifer Goddard, Anat Levtov, Nick Bowman, Lori Firsdon
- Free healthy lunch at the Oaks or Carillon Place | Bookstore Babes
- Pita Pit GIft Cards | Art Gals
- iTunes Gift Cards | Waist Management
- Sit or stand height adjustable Ergotron workstation | Jan Garber
- 30 - minute Massage | Jean Coffield, Cindy Colvin
- Spring Group X Membership at SRC | Sheri Messaros
- Pita Pit Gift Card | Annie Graham
- iTunes Gift Card | Andrea Brock
- Yoga Mat & Wellness Kit | Brianna Rankins, Carol Abbott
WellAware hosted a successful walking competition at the Bowling Green City Park on May 14, 2014 in collaboration with Bowling Green Parks and Recreation. Wood County Hospital, Wood County, BGSU and City of Bowling Green employees took part in celebration of National Employee Health and Fitness Day.
The Learning Commons Team
Walking Competition Participants
Mark Nelson, Director of The Learning Commons
Donna Dick, Tutor Coordinator
Jeremy Joseph, Math/Stats Coordinator