WellAware is BGSU’s faculty and staff health and wellness program. The program is supported and administered by the Department of Recreation and Wellness, the Office of Human Resources, the College of Health and Human Services, the College of Education and Human Development, BGSU Dining Services and the Division of Student Affairs.
Promote a culture of health and wellness to empower sustainable behavior change through:
- Transformational health opportunities that inspire intellectual and personal growth
- Encouragement of efforts to increase academic and career success, student and faculty/staff retention, and life-long learning
- Collaborative endeavors that support an environment where healthful choices are the easy choices.
Health Enhancement Programs
Team up and get moving by joining the Lucky 7 Wellness Challenge. This fun and exciting 7-week program challenges participants to engage in regular physical activity and other healthy behaviors, such as eating well and taking steps to reduce stress. Each week, earn tokens by completing tasks such as packing healthy snacks and exercising. Tokens earned during the challenge can be redeemed for prizes at the Poker Walk on April 3 at the Perry Field House. Read the Lucky 7 Program Overview (PDF) for more information.
- Free for all BGSU faculty, staff, retirees, and students
- Register as an individual or as a team, up to 7 members
- Registration deadline February 9: Program runs February 12 - March 30
1 out of 3 American adults has prediabetes. If you have prediabetes, YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES now to improve your health and prevent type 2 diabetes.
The PreventT2 lifestyle change program can help you lose weight, become more physically active, and reduce stress. With PreventT2, you get:
· A proven program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes
· A CDC-approved curriculum and trained lifestyle coach
· A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
· Support from others like you as you learn new skills
Join the PreventT2 program at BGSU:
· Begins September 5
· Weekly group sessions on Tuesdays from 5:15 – 6:15 PM OR Wednesdays from 11:30 – 12:30 PM in the College of Health and Human Services, Room 131
· Available to BGSU students, faculty, staff and community members.
· Cost for year-long program: $100. Receive $50 refund with successful completion of program (attending 80% of sessions)!
· Registration deadline is September 5
Register on-line or in-person at the SRC Welcome Desk.
· View the PDF for more information about the program.
Lace up your sneakers and improve your odds of living a longer, healthier life by joining us for a Poker Walk. No prior knowledge of Poker is needed to participate. Rather than winning based on skill or speed, the top individuals who collect the best poker hand while walking at the Perry Field House Track win great prizes, such as a FitBit!
- Date: Tuesday, April 3
- Time: Stop by anytime between 11 AM - 1:30 PM
- Location: Perry Field House
Enjoy a healthful bout of exercise with your colleagues, free chair massages, blood pressure screenings, free healthy snacks, raffle prizes, and giveaways.
Have fun and stay active with colleagues, family and/or friends by attending fitness classes together at the Student Recreation Center. At a discounted rate, purchase an “After Work” pass and attend classes that start between 5 – 6 PM or purchase the full Group X pass and attend unlimited classes on the schedule. (SRC membership is not required).
View the full schedule and details on the Falcon Fitness Website.
Learn more about SRC Membership.
Walk your way to better health and fitness. Fit more steps into your day by walking at Eppler Track. Courtesy of School of Human Movement, Sport and Leisure Studies, the track is available Monday - Friday from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Receive support and guidance to start and sustain a physical activity plan. Contact Karyn Smith at email@example.com to schedule a free fitness consultation and receive an individualized exercise plan.
Take a short stress relieving break and participate in this free gentle yoga class. This low-impact class includes gentle stretches, balance, and breathing as well as movements designed to increase range of motion in joints, and relieve tension. Enjoy 5 minutes of mindful meditation at the end of each class. Feel free to come as you are or change into something comfortable; all that's needed is a yoga mat or towel. Registration is not required.
- Days: Mondays
- Time: 12:10 – 12:50 PM
- Location: Eppler South Gym
- Dates: January 8 - April 30
No Class: Monday, January 15 (MLK Jr. Day) and March 5 (Spring Break)
- Instructor: Caroline Dawson
Is your goal to become more active, feel better, and improve your health and fitness? Set yourself up for success by joining BG Be Fit, a beginner exercise program for BGSU faculty and staff. This free program is specifically designed to teach you the basic techniques of regular aerobic, resistance, and flexibility training. Program is available to male and females and the exercise classes can be tailored to your individual fitness level. Feel comfortable exercising with other beginners and receive the guidance and encouragement needed to start and continue a lifestyle of exercise.
- January 16 - April 26
- Date/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:10 – 12:50 PM
- Location: Eppler South Gym, located on the 2nd floor of Eppler Complex
Fitness Waiver – Prior to participation in the classes, you must complete this Online Wellaware Waiver. The Medical Clearance Form needs to be completed and returned IF you answer “yes” to one or more questions on the PAR-Q, consult your physiciain and provide a medical clearance form prior to participation. Bring completed Medical Clearance Form to the first class you attend or submit via one of these methods prior to attending your first class
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Mail: Karyn Smith, Student Recreation Center
Class Attire: For comfort and safety, it is recommended to change into athletic shoes and exercise clothes. If needed, locker rooms are available near the gym.
The IMPACT Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program is a benefit available to BGSU employees and their families offering access to confidential professional support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The program is free of charge, courtesy of BGSU. For more information visit Impact Solutions on the web. Your member login is: BGSU.
Search Community Meetings by zip code.
You can also get reimbursed for attending Weight Watchers Community meetings through Medical Mutual. You will need to contact Medical Mutual before attending meetings or purchasing monthly passes. Log into your account at Medical Mutual and follow the link for Healthy Living.