Health Fair 2020 - Resources for Your Well-Being
The Health Fair is designed to provide students, faculty, and staff a set of resources, both on-campus and in the local community, that promote, encourage, and support health and well-being. Each partner has a page focusing on their programs and services and we invite everyone to participate in the Virtual Well-Being Challenge associated with this fair.
While we can't be there in-person this year, we know you'll enjoy seeing the faces of many individuals behind the amazing programming taking place at BGSU! Use the links below or to the left to learn more!
THRIVE – Virtual Wellness Challenge: October 5 - November 13
1. Receive the challenge card here.
2. Mark off each well-being activity you complete. Complete at least 20 activities by November 13 to earn a free t-shirt!
3. Upload your completed card & submit here to enter the raffle for prizes.
- Stretch for 15 mins, 3 days in a week
- Complete a 30 minute outdoor workout
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water daily for 1 week
- Fill your plate with ½ fruits & vegetables at least 5x in a week
- Participate in a free Move4YourMood virtual fitness session
- Achieve 150 minutes or more of exercise in a week
- Deskercise: Stand, stretch or move for at least 60 sec every hour that you are working at the computer
- Share on social media ways you are being active at home and use hashtag #FalconFitness
- Participate in a virtual fitness class on Falcon Fitness IGTV @BGSUFitness
- Participate in an activity/event listed in Campus Update
- Schedule time in your day to call a friend or family member
- Safely re-connect with a long-time friend or family member
- Clean out your closet and donate clothes you no longer wear
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Enjoy time in nature
- Spend 30 minutes de-cluttering your home or study environment
- Listen to a new podcast
- Try a new activity or hobby
- Participate/watch a workshop provided by the Division of Diversity and Belonging
- Take a 60 min break from all technology, 3 days in a week
- Journal or make a list of things you are grateful for
- Relax by doing a puzzle, playing a game, drawing/coloring or reading
- Journal or make a list of things you love about yourself
- Meditate for 10 minutes. Try one of these free, guided meditations.
- Show appreciation and write a thank-you note to someone
- Practice positive thinking and jot down at least 5 positive affirmations
Participate in a professional development opportunity (Examples: webinars, peer-reviewed journal articles, books, virtual training/workshop)
Re-evaluate your budget or explore new ways to track your spending. Learn more about Financial Literacy Resources.