Health Enhancement Programs and Special Events
2019-2020 Program: Ocotber 28, 2019 - January 26, 2020
Join the “Maintain, Don’t Gain’’ Challenge and receive accountability and motivation to engage in healthier behaviors and enhance your overall well-being. The FREE program is available to all BGSU faculty, staff, and students! Here’s how the challenge works:
Here's How the Program Works:
- Participate individually or create a team. The more the merrier! There is not a limit to the number of teammates you can have.
- Register by attending a registration session. Weigh-ins are optional and weights are kept confidential.
- W, Oct 23: 8 - 9:30 AM | Hayes Hall 108
- R, Oct 24: 11:30 AM - 1 PM | Hayes Hall 108
- F, Oct 25: 1 - 3 PM | Student Recreation Center Studio B Lobby
- M, Oct 28: 9 - 10:30 AM | Business Administration 106
- T, Oct 29: 1 - 2 PM | Eppler South Gym
- W, Oct 30: 10 - 11 AM | Huntington Building 140C
- W, Oct 30: 7 - 9 PM | Student Recreation Center Studio B Lobby
- R, Oct 31: 11:30 AM - 1 PM | Well-O-Ween Walk, Perry Field House Track Room
- Receive practical tips, recipes, physical activity suggestions and other information to help you engage in healthier behaviors throughout the program.
- Receive workouts and opportunities to participate in free instructor led classes.
- Drop-in for a post-holiday session during the week of January 27. All teams or individuals who achieve the challenge win a free THRIVE shirt.
2018-2019 Program Highlights
- 157 Participants
- 90% achieved the challenge
- 267 total pounds lost as a group
- 66.7% of participants exceeded the goal and lost weight
- Most weight lost by a team - 52 Pounds
- Kroger Gift Cards and Nike #MOVEFORYOURMOOD Shirts
Erica Mills, Team Healthy HOliday Squad, Team BGSU Athletics, TEam Quiroga, Stoos and Messaros, Team Salad Shooters
- Amazon Gift Cards and Nike #MOVEFORYOURMOOD Shirts
Katelyn Bleisath, Team Martini
- Spring Group Exercise Pass at the Student Recreation Center
Hannah Gerken, Alison Graham, Rachel Kaltwasser, Taylor Bohn
- Resistance Band and Nike #MOVEFORYOURMOOD Shirts
- Angela Nelson, Kay Fritch, Erin Heilmeier, Cari Ritzenthaler, Jennifer Twu, Team Global Gals
For More Information:
Karyn Smith, Health Educator: 419.372.9309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Free for students, faculty/staff and older adults. Each day includes social opportunities, an educational session, an activity session and free lunch.
Thursdays at the BGSU Perry Field House | 11:30 AM - 1 PM
- September 19: Dance Fitness
- October 17: Strength and Balance
- November 14: Line Dancing
Karyn Smith, Health Educator: email@example.com | 419.372.9309
Lace up your sneakers and improve your odds of living a longer, healthier life by joining us for a Poker Walk. No prior knowledge of Poker is needed to participate. Rather than winning based on skill or speed, the top individuals who collect the best poker hand while walking at the Perry Field House Track win a prize!
- Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Time: Stop by anytime between 11 AM - 1:30 PM
- Location: Perry Field House
Enjoy a healthful bout of exercise with your colleagues, free chair massages, blood pressure screenings, free healthy snacks, raffle prizes, and giveaways.
You are invited to join us for free coffee and conversation with Dr. Swartz, Medical Director at Falcon Health Center.
2019-2020 schedule is forthcoming.