Health Enhancement Programs and Special Events
THRIVE – Virtual Wellness Challenge: October 5 - November 13
1. Receive the challenge card here.
2. Mark off each well-being activity you complete. Complete at least 20 activities by November 13 to earn a free t-shirt!
3. Upload your completed card & submit here to enter the raffle for prizes.
- Stretch for 15 mins, 3 days in a week
- Complete a 30 minute outdoor workout
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water daily for 1 week
- Fill your plate with ½ fruits & vegetables at least 5x in a week
- Participate in a free Move4YourMood virtual fitness session
- Achieve 150 minutes or more of exercise in a week
- Deskercise: Stand, stretch or move for at least 60 sec every hour that you are working at the computer
- Share on social media ways you are being active at home and use hashtag #FalconFitness
- Participate in a virtual fitness class on Falcon Fitness IGTV @BGSUFitness
- Participate in an activity/event listed in Campus Update
- Schedule time in your day to call a friend or family member
- Safely re-connect with a long-time friend or family member
- Clean out your closet and donate clothes you no longer wear
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Enjoy time in nature
- Spend 30 minutes de-cluttering your home or study environment
- Listen to a new podcast
- Try a new activity or hobby
- Participate/watch a workshop provided by the Division of Diversity and Belonging
- Take a 60 min break from all technology, 3 days in a week
- Journal or make a list of things you are grateful for
- Relax by doing a puzzle, playing a game, drawing/coloring or reading
- Journal or make a list of things you love about yourself
- Meditate for 10 minutes. Try one of these free, guided meditations.
- Show appreciation and write a thank-you note to someone
- Practice positive thinking and jot down at least 5 positive affirmations
Participate in a professional development opportunity (Examples: webinars, peer-reviewed journal articles, books, virtual training/workshop)
Re-evaluate your budget or explore new ways to track your spending. Learn more about Financial Literacy Resources.
2019-2020 Program: October 28, 2019 - January 26, 2020
“Maintain, Don’t Gain’’ Challenge participants received accountability and motivation to engage in healthier behaviors and enhance their overall well-being. The FREE program was available to all BGSU faculty, staff, and students.
Here's How the Program Worked:
- Faculty, staff, and students participated individually or as teams.
- Everyone received practical tips, recipes, physical activity suggestions and other information to help engage in healthier behaviors throughout the program as well as workouts and opportunities to participate in free instructor led classes.
2019-2020 Program Highlights
- 136 Participants
- 96% achieved the challenge
- 295.6 total pounds lost as a group
- 63.4% of participants exceeded the goal and lost weight
- Most weight lost by a team - 41.9 pounds
- Most weight lost by an individual - 26.4 pounds
- Healthy Holiday Points Winner - Amazon Gift Card
- Amazon Gift Card - Team Lean Queens
- Panera Gift Cards - Team Jeormies and Team Falcon OutFITters
- Kroger Gift Cards - Chris Gebers, Pam Wegman, Renee Arledge, Meredith Errington, Leanne Peiffer, Mike Hatchel
- Spring Group Exercise Pass at the Student Recreation Center
- 3-Session Group Personal Training Package - Team Squawk & Walk
For More Information:
Karyn Smith, Health Educator: 419.372.9309 | email@example.com
Free for students, faculty/staff and older adults. Each day includes social opportunities, an educational session, an activity session and free lunch.
Questions/RSVP: Karyn Smith, Health Educator: firstname.lastname@example.org | 419.372.9309
These events are a partnership with the BGSU Optimal Aging Institute and are funded by Medical Mutual.
Lace up your sneakers and improve your odds of living a longer, healthier life by joining us for a Poker Walk. No prior knowledge of Poker is needed to participate. Rather than winning based on skill or speed, the top individuals who collect the best poker hand while walking to win a prize!
Information about future Poker Walks will be posted here when it is available.