Health Enhancement Programs and Special Events
2019-2020 Program: Monday, October 28- January 27
2018-19 Program Overview
Joining the "Maintain, Don't Gain" Challenge provided accountability and motivation to engage in healthier behaviors this holiday season! The FREE program was available to all BGSU faculty, staff, and students and is planned again in 2019-2020. Details will be provided here in late-fall 2019.
Here's How the Program Worked
- Participants were individuals or teams and registered by attending a pre-holiday weigh-in. Weights were kept confidential.
- Received practical tips, recipes, physical activity suggestions and other information to help engage in healthier behaviors throughout the program.
- Recieved great workouts and opportunities to participate in free instructor led classes.
- Attended a post-holiday "weigh-out". All teams or individuals who maintained or lost weight during the holiday season qualified for select raffle prizes.
2018-19 Program Results
- 157 Participants
- 90% achieved the challenge
- 267 total pounds lost as a group
- 66.7% of participants exceeded the goal and lost weight
- Most weight lost by a team - 52 Pounds
- Kroger Gift Cards and Nike #MOVEFORYOURMOOD Shirts
Erica Mills, Team Healthy HOliday Squad, Team BGSU Athletics, TEam Quiroga, Stoos and Messaros, Team Salad Shooters
- Amazon Gift Cards and Nike #MOVEFORYOURMOOD Shirts
Katelyn Bleisath, Team Martini
- Spring Group Exercise Pass at the Student Recreation Center
Hannah Gerken, Alison Graham, Rachel Kaltwasser, Taylor Bohn
- Resistance Band and Nike #MOVEFORYOURMOOD Shirts
- Angela Nelson, Kay Fritch, Erin Heilmeier, Cari Ritzenthaler, Jennifer Twu, Team Global Gals
For More Information:
Karyn Smith, Health Educator: 419.372.9309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Free for students, faculty/staff and older adults. Each day includes social opportunities, an educational session, an activity session and free lunch.
Thursdays at the BGSU Perry Field House | 11:30 AM - 1 PM
- September 19: Dance Fitness
- October 17: Strength and Balance
- November 14: Line Dancing
Karyn Smith, Health Educator: email@example.com | 419.372.9309
Lace up your sneakers and improve your odds of living a longer, healthier life by joining us for a Poker Walk. No prior knowledge of Poker is needed to participate. Rather than winning based on skill or speed, the top individuals who collect the best poker hand while walking at the Perry Field House Track win a prize!
- Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Time: Stop by anytime between 11 AM - 1:30 PM
- Location: Perry Field House
Enjoy a healthful bout of exercise with your colleagues, free chair massages, blood pressure screenings, free healthy snacks, raffle prizes, and giveaways.
You are invited to join us for free coffee and conversation with Dr. Swartz, Medical Director at Falcon Health Center.
2019-2020 schedule is forthcoming.